New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.
View Poll Results: Is the XKR/XFR a competent track car and if so, is there adequate aftermarket support
Yes, great track cars and there is currently adequate performance aftermarket support.
0%
Yes, great potential as track cars, but there is currently a need for aftermarket performance parts.
100.00%
No, they are not great track cars, but there is good aftermarket support.
0%
No, they are not great track cars stock, but if there was better aftermarket support they could be!
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

New, from New England

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011 | 05:06 PM
|
Default New, from New England

Hi everyone, not a Jaguar owner yet, but I'm a huge fan of the latest XKR, XKR-S, XFR and the new C-X16 prototype. Seriously considering picking up a Jag for my next vehicle.

I'm currently driving a 2006 S2000 with Bilstein Coilovers and lightweight wheels/140 treadwear tires. An exceptionally well balanced car, but currently trying to decide between fabricating a forced induction system for it vs. picking up something with more power/torque and more of a GT flavor (IE XKR or C-x16 when it's available).

Prior to the S2000 I owned a 2002 WRX, which was stock when I bought it. I subsequently built the engine myself, partially fabricated and installed a much larger rotated mount turbo, upgraded the transmission and installed full suspension, etc. The car was making 450whp on pump gas when I sold it. Our second car is a WRX wagon.

As far as hobbies I've been active as a crew member/course worker/medical provider for Rally America in the past, have continued to be very active with SCCA autocross (as well as event chair/course designer/solo safety steward), I've enjoyed SCCA Rallycross and multiple track day and import/domestic shootout events.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more about the community on here, learning a bit more about the XKR/XFR platforms and trying to sort out what kind of potential they have to be competetive on the track.

For what it's worth, I live in northern New England (U.S.), always interested in getting together for cruises/meets with anyone in the region.

Cheers,

-Reid

Old 10-31-2011 | 05:44 AM

Welcome to the forum,

Sounds like you're a busy guy.

Shoot over to the XK/XFR sections and see what the guys have to say.

Old 10-31-2011 | 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum DF.

We have a member with a pretty HOT S2000, right now I can't remember who.

Check out the Other Rides thread, it might be in there.

Also check out XKRacer a UK member, who, well as his handle says....

Best of luck with your decision.

Old 11-01-2011 | 06:30 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome DF to the forum. This site has loads of info. Grab a cuo of joe and settle back. Good luck in your quest.

Enjoy all the site has to offer!

Old 11-01-2011 | 06:39 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome DF to the forum. This site has loads of info. Grab a cuo of joe and settle back. Good luck in your quest.

Enjoy all the site has to offer!

Old 11-01-2011 | 08:42 PM
|

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward reading more as I have time