New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New S-type R

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007 | 05:44 PM
|
Veteran Member
Default New S-type R

I've def. looked on here several times and really liked the info.... so now even though I'm not much of a forum person I decided to join and help some others out. Ive got an S-type R and overall I love it !

Old 07-31-2007 | 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: New S-type R

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  7.4 KB

good on ya bmw745........welcome to the forum bud and glad ur enjoyin the Jag... There's a few other S owners here and ones like SoCal hopefully soon will be......he's up for an S type R as well I think.
Catch you around

Jim

Old 08-01-2007 | 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: JimC64

good on ya bmw745........welcome to the forum bud and glad ur enjoyin the Jag... There's a few other S owners here and ones like SoCal hopefully soon will be......he's up for an S type R as well I think.
Catch you around

Jim
Sure am...just time...just time.

Actually, I checked Kelly BB, Edmunds, and NADA on the S60R retail value. Its higher than I expected. My wife's company has a premium pre-owned lot where they buy high end cars at auction and sell them for good markup. I might be able to sell them the R or put it on consignment there. Anyway, I told the wifey to have their used car Mgr. keep an eye out at the auctions for an S-Type R.....only want 1st choice-black, 2nd choice-silver. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Old 08-01-2007 | 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 15

Fingers crossed for you SoCal........hope it comes off soon.
I could be wrong but, I reckon we would be seeing a lot more of you when you do actually own one.....right or wrong?....lol

Jim

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:35 PM

Fingers crossed for you SoCal........hope it comes off soon.
I could be wrong but, I reckon we would be seeing a lot more of you when you do actually own one.....right or wrong?....lol

Jim
Is my current activity sub-par for the course here? LOL

I'm sure I would be more active in model-specific threads, since I have little input to provide as of now. I try to link up useful info like the wheel spacing thread..and the P-code thread...just based on my experiences with other cars.

I'll try to step it up a notch fo ya Jim. LOL

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:43 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 12

Why does everyone take it the wrong way[&:]....lol
SoCal........given the fact that as yet you don't own a Jag and you have a stunning lookin wifethat no doubt keeps you away from the pc, your current level of activity is great.
All I was saying was, that I have no doubt, once you get your car you will be much more active......you just strike me as that sorta guy!

Jim

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:44 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:57 PM

SoCal........given the fact that as yet you don't own a Jag and you have a stunning lookin wifethat no doubt keeps you away from the pc, your current level of activity is great.
All I was saying was, that I have no doubt, once you get your car you will be much more active......you just strike me as that sorta guy!

Jim
The #1 issue with forums...very difficult to "type" inflection. I was just giving you ****. I got ya. When I get up your way, I'm buyin' the first 2 rounds!

Thanks for the compliments on the Mrs. She's a little high maintenance, but just like cars...if you want the Ferrari, gonna have to pay more to keep it running smoothly! Helps that she out earns me by almost double too! LOL

Old 08-01-2007 | 02:06 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 12

ORIGINAL: SoCal_S60R
Jim
The #1 issue with forums...very difficult to "type" inflection. I was just giving you ****. I got ya. When I get up your way, I'm buyin' the first 2 rounds!
Thanks for the compliments on the Mrs. She's a little high maintenance, but just like cars...if you want the Ferrari, gonna have to pay more to keep it running smoothly! Helps that she out earns me by almost double too! LOL
I know what you mean about trying to insert feeling / attitude into a comment......nightmare. I didn't pick you up wring btw.....just messin. You've probably already gathered that you need a sense of humour to be on this forum and luckily most of us have. Buy me a round when you're up my way? When are you next in Glasgow UK?...lol
Yep....Mrs is lovely and looks high maintenance ( you need to believe me when i say that in the nicest possible way and know from experience of several different high maintenance models..lol)
Then again she does look VERYwell maintained.
Man I need to stop this.......If my wife reads this....lol
Lets talk about Jag U ars....!!

Jim

Old 08-01-2007 | 03:18 PM

When are you next in Glasgow UK?...lol

Lets talk about Jag U ars....!!

Jim
Never know...we try to travel abroad at least once per year. I have some friends in Estonia and we've been talking about Helsinki, or other parts of Europe for some brewery touring. I might just surprise ya if there is a great deal for flight and hotel in your neck of the woods.

Back to topic on this thread though....I don't know if bmw745i knew what he was getting himself into here...his first post got completely hijacked! LOL

Do you still have the Bimmer, or did you trade it for the Jag...if so..why? Those types of choices are what brings me here in the first place! Do tell!

Old 08-01-2007 | 06:53 PM
|
Veteran Member

lol its all good, I would probably do the same thing myself, but thanks for all the warm welcoming!

Old 08-14-2007 | 05:57 PM
Veteran Member

You still like the the R bmw???? Race anyone lately or anything worth commenting on?