New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New San Diego Member!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New San Diego Member!

Hello All,

I'm a new member. How are all the Jag lovers doing in the new year? I hope to pick your brains on selling 2 of my 3 Jaguars. I'm in the US Navy and had been stationed in the UK 3 years ago and brought 2 RHD Jags back with me. Now since got married & a child well... now need to sell the them before my next duty station in Japan this November.

One is a 1984 XJ6 Base model & the second is a 1967 S-type 3.4L, this version was never sold in the States and under 10,000 were made.

Thank you for your outstanding posts on this site. I wish I found it years ago.

Jimmy3Jags

Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jimmy,

Good to have you with us.
You can post up the cars for sale in the classified section right hand drive may be a tough sell unless they are in really good shape but the S might spark some interest.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Last edited by Norri; 01-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly forum Jimmy.
For reasons of Forum etiquette it's important to get some posts under your belt before putting your cars up for sale here but I'm sure you'll find some interesting topics.
Good luck.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jimmy,

Just out of curiosity, when you're in the USN, could you literally bring the Jaguars back with you or did you have to use regular shipping?

Follow Norri's and Steve's advice on forum etiquette to get off to the right start.

It's a shame to let that S-Type go.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jimmy! Welcome, I am from San Diego too! Just joined the forums recently myself!

Actually, I would love to take a look at your 67 S-type! (Sorry to all the rest of the readers if this isnt proper form on my part) but feel free to email me at socalyayo@gmail.com so we can chat!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the advice.

Sorry, I should not have posed that question without really getting to know the Forum better.

I must say there is so much info on this site. I really wish I found it while I was in the UK. While I was stationed there I had 4 Jags (my nickname was Jimmy4Jags than) sold 2 & brought the other 2 back with me.

GGG -
To answer your question, yes military members are authorized to ship 1 POV (Privately Owned Vehicle). I was lucky to a good friend to ship one as his for me. As long as it is over 25 years of age no Federal restrictions are placed (qualified as an antique) on them as long as no modifications are made.

Thank you again for your kind advice.
Jimmy3Jags
67' S-type 3.4L RHD
84' XJ6 Base RHD
98' XJ8 Base LHD

The following users liked this post:
GGG (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Socal
...... feel free to email me at ........................
If that's your regular eMail address and not a throwaway, I recommend you edit it out of post #5 or you could get endless spam when the web crawlers get hold of it.

Graham

Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there, welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Jimmy3jags soon to be Jimmy1jag....lol
Hope we can help mate....

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

The following users liked this post:
Jimmy3Jags (01-27-2013)