New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New X-type member saying hello.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012 | 05:02 PM
|
Smile New X-type member saying hello.

Hi all new member here. Originally from Scotland but moved to England 8 years ago. Just got myself the most beutiful 2001 X-type 3.0l Sport manual in metalick black with 76k on the clock and sat nav with ox blood red leather for just £1700. Best car i have every bought. Car has got a couple of minor electrical issues but i am working my way through ridding it of them one by one. so far only 2 left to deal with and only one is not findable using the forum search, but i will post in another section to get the answers to my issues.

Just have to say i really love my X-type it was basically bought for me by my wife for my birthday (i was 40 on the 15th) had to travel down to London to pick it up which gave me a 100mile trip back home to get used to her. Best 100 miles i have every driven you just could not wipe the smile off my face. I then went out the next day and bought some expensive waxes and paint restorers and spent my entire Sunday bringing the paintwork back to A1 and finished with putting 2 coats of wax on her. took a total of 10 hours but the final results were more than worth it with the showroom shine she had after i had finished and my right arm was litterally unuseable due to the pain of exertion of painrestorer on painrestorer off and Wax on wax off for nearly 10 hours.

Also had to put a new set of boots on her as the previous owner had Bridgestone runflats on the fronts!!!!!! and 2 non descript rears that were as good as dead. So she now has 4 lovely new Michelin 225/45/17 94W Primacy HP's on her and the ride is even more luxurious now! Since i work as a tyre fitter i do not compromise when it come to tyres for my cars. The standard Pirelli's recommended in my handbook are way to hard in my opinion.

Any Hi to you all and i'm now off to ask you lot how to fix my main beam headlights

Nemisis

Old 06-18-2012 | 05:15 PM
GGG

Hello and welcome to the forum,

That's a lot of car for little money - even better when your wife buys it for you.

The X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section should be able to help you with the headlight issue.

Graham

Old 06-18-2012 | 07:02 PM

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Greetings from another exile.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 05-28-2013 | 12:21 AM
Default Welcome

Hey & welcome X-Type owner.

I had a 2004 X-Type and loved the look and highway ride. It had the sport suspension and low profile tires on chrome Aruba rims. It was a medium metallic grey.

A little advice on the electrics. If you get ant fault light where the problem
Is not immediately obvious, check the battery. Low voltage at start-up can cause the computer to display inaccurate fault codes. An inexpensive step is to immediately check the battery before doing any other work. Don't ask me how I came about this tip.

Hey, enjoy the X and post a picture.

All the best from the beaches of Southern California!

SailorSEE

Old 05-30-2013 | 12:03 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

Old 05-30-2013 | 08:02 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 06-25-2013 | 10:55 AM
|

Well it's been a year and just thought i'd update you guys with my X-Type! Just got my Wheels Refurbished and they look fantastic really sets the car of now as they were the only thing that spoiled the look of the car before due to the large scrapes and gouges the previous owners had put into them.

Also just finished a complete minor service which included engine oil, gearbox oil, Transfer box Oil, spark plugs air filter pollen/cabin filter and fuel filter. Along with the addition of a new C.V joint on the Off side front (hoped this would fix the intermmitent ABS fault but no joy). And also finally got my windscreen washer jets replaced with some from a Ford Mondeo at zero cost and my washers are now back to full working order.

Also got the Sill covers off and treated some small rust areas with a rust converter and then painted with rust primer paint and some Waxoil so as to prevent any further decay.

Car is almost 100% just the ABS issue to deal with and i'm in the middle of sorting that out see MIL light sequence post.

So 1 year on and i am still loving the X-Type got about 20 coats of wax on her now LOL and the wheels look great so here is a couple of photos for your/my enjoyment

Attached Thumbnails New X-type member saying hello.-mystique4_zps8707cd16.jpg   New X-type member saying hello.-mystique3_zps57f27d8a.jpg   New X-type member saying hello.-wheel1_zps558b1b85.jpg  
Old 06-25-2013 | 11:11 AM
GGG

Great job on the wheels.
Graham

The following users liked this post:
Nemisis (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013 | 04:54 PM
|

Thanks! Cost me £240 for the set to get them done by a pro. I was really impressed by how good they look with the chrome rather than the standard silver almost went for the Shadow/black Chrome effect but thought it would be too dark looking and after putting them on the car i am glad i went for the high shine chrome effect.

With a black car you need the Rims to stand out for best effect IMHO although there are a few cars that can get away with black rims on a black car but usually it doesn't look right and in my job i see enough wheels every day to get a good idea what style and colour of rims will suit what car.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013 | 05:19 PM
GGG

That was a remarkably good deal. I paid the same about five years ago for a straightforward aluminium refinish.

I agree with you on the contrast. Shadow/black Chrome would be too dark and spoil the lines of the car.

Graham