New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New XFS member from Nashville, TN USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010 | 02:58 PM
|
Default New XFS member from Nashville, TN USA

First post here. Skimmed a few threads and must say this appears to be an excellent forum with some great contributions from its members.

I ran across this site b/c I wanted to learn about the importance of winter tires on the XFS.

When I bought my 2009 XF Supercharged a few months ago the previous owner (who lives in Chicago, IL) threw in an extra set of 19" Jaguar wheels with winter tires already mounted on them that he had purchased. (Not sure why he even bought them b/c they look brand new.)

Although, based on the feedback in this forum, it sounds like the winter footing makes a world of difference, I'm thinking we just don't get enough snow here in Nashville to make it worth keeping. I'll just somehow deal with the few days each year that it does snow.

So, long story short, I think I'm going to list them for sale in the classifieds once the new member "qualifying period" runs its course. So if you are someone interested in buying a dedicated set of winter footing for your XF, stay tuned.

1/11/11 Update: Added photo. Thx for the warm welcome! Btw, my father has a black 2005 XJ-R with the beautiful 20" multi-spoke wheels. He's a luddite though and doesn't know how to use a computer, much less a forum, so he will not be joining the community. Speaking of wheels, I'll try to get my set of winter wheels/tires posted in classifieds in the next couple of weeks. I know a lot of people could probably use them given the recent spell of nasty weather.

Attached Thumbnails New XFS member from Nashville, TN USA-mickthexfs-photo2v3.jpg  

Last edited by MicktheXFS; 01-11-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 12-24-2010 | 03:36 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome, congrats
We have few threads on the XF Forum about winter tires . Honestly, those really help you out traction problems because AWD itself might not be enough

The following users liked this post:
MicktheXFS (01-11-2011)
Old 12-24-2010 | 04:53 AM

Welcome Mick,

I'd agree that they may not be worth the hassle for a few days of snow.

MicktheXFS (01-11-2011)
Old 12-26-2010 | 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard and great to have you here with us
Hope you enjoy it here and we can help

I'm upgrading you too full forum access so you can better view all the sites features......all the best
Totally agree and good luck with the sale

MicktheXFS (01-11-2011)