New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to you all

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to you all

Just joined today, Jan. 29, I live in Columbus, Ohio and recently bought my second Jaguar{ I own a white 1996 XJ6, which is now for sale, according to my wife} a pristine 1987 red XJS, that I'm totally in love with. I've driven it to St.Louis twice. Does it ever fly, never left the passing lane both ways. I mean I really like the XJ6, but this is pure love! I bought it from the second owner who babied it and never drove it in winter. Looks like showroom condition. Only 90K. Just a couple irritating electrical problems: gas guage doesn't work{but the low gas warning light does, fortunately} and parking brake won't go out. Replaced radio with and Alpine set up with ipod link up and new Alpine speakers all around. Rear speakers were the tough ones to do. I have been filling it with premium gas although the manual states regular gas. Am I just wasting my money ? Anybody else using premium? Seems strange to have to use premium in the XJ6, but not the V-12.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Bill, welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us .....
Thanks for the intro......sounds like a nice stable you have there Bill.....Any pics you want to share??

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or even just to have a few laughs!

Any issues just post and the guys here will help you out no problems....

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features so jump on in and enjoy

Old 01-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Sounds like a nice car, you'll find some really knowledgable guys in the XJS section.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey Bill - Welcome aboard! You are not too far from here. Keep your eyes open come springtime if you would be interested in a road trip to meet up with some other forum members. I'll probably be putting together another meeting here in Pittsburgh.

I'll defer to the XJS guys as to your question on premium fuel. But if the manual says regular is ok, well I'd probably try it and see how she goes.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Post up some pics of the Jags.

Good to have you with us.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 AM

Thanks for responding. I'd be happy to link up sometime. Let me know where and when, this car is made to travel. What car{s} do you own?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the reception, I'm glad to be a member. I'll add pictures when the weather cooperates.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Welcome to our forum

Sounds like your XJS has only minor issues, so Good Luck. If it was me, I would continue with Premium petrol. At 90k it will make it less liable to detonation due to carbon build-up in the combustion chambers.

Carry on treating it like a baby and you won't go far wrong !