New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Newbe from Iceland.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Newbe from Iceland.

Hi all.
My name is Ingvar and just got a couple of XJS Jaguars as a restoring project.
I have always admired Jaguars and find the XJS one of the most beutiful cars ever made so when I was offered those two I could not resist.
The one i´m going to restore (red) is ´86 5,3L, rustfree body, but has been sitting for years after a fire damage in the engine room and had got some body damage during that time, and need some bodywork and a repaint.
Also the engine condition is not known. All I know is it wont turn so I wont spend any time in it.
The other one (blue)(donor car) is also a 5,3L with a good serwice record and runs and drives well. Perfect engine and drivetrain, aswell as the interior, but the bodywork is badly rusted so that one will be parted.
I also got access to huge pile of spare parts so I got more than enough to build me a one good XJS.
I have been working on cars more and less for over 25 years, so I have the knowledge and experience needed for this task and also a well equipped garage so all I have to do to get started is to make room for all this in there.
The first task is to tear down the donor car and get rid of what´s left of the body before I start working on the one I´m going to use.
There are only 10-15 XJS in the country so those are hard to get here, and getting one from oversees is really expensive, so restoring one is well wort the effort.
I,m looking forward to start working on those and maybe I,ll put in a couple of pics occasionally during the process.

Regards from Iceland
Ingvar

Attached Thumbnails Newbe from Iceland.-img_8688.jpg   Newbe from Iceland.-img_8689.jpg  
Old 11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome to the forums
I think your restoring project will be very neat as well

Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!! Nice cars. Glad to see that you have two to work with.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy Ingvar

Welcome to the forum!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

So, Iceland = XJS heaven? Is that why you have access to a huge supply of parts? Who would have thought. What else you got in the garage in that picture @ #13?

Welcome to the forum. You should be able to make one dandy kitty out of those two.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Old school jaguar...nice! Welcome to the forums!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:56 AM

Hi all, and thanks for the welcomes.

Originally Posted by mohrd
So, Iceland = XJS heaven? Is that why you have access to a huge supply of parts? Who would have thought. What else you got in the garage in that picture @ #13?

Welcome to the forum. You should be able to make one dandy kitty out of those two.
LoL XJS heaven. Maybe this part pile is part of the reason there are so few XJS left here
The one in the garage at #13 is a ´85 XJS i.m puting a new 5,3L in. The owner saved it from someone there was in the process of putting a 8cyl. GM in it.
An yes I have some good stuff there so whith bit of a work I should be able to make this kitty roar proudly again.

Ingvar

Old 11-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

welcome and good luck with your project.Look forward to see your progress.
Les
88 1/2XJ-S

Old 11-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome.... And I call Ohio the frozen North. Another XJS! Man, I've got to get one before they are all restored and cost a fortune! Good luck with the project.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome Ingvar from a very wet Brittany. Looks like you have a great project to keep you out of mischief over the dark period.

Please post a restoration series in the XJS section, we will all follow with interest.

Oh and yes if you've got any footage or links of the Icelandic versions of offroading, please share them in the sights and sounds section, simply nuts... LOL

Enjoy your stay,

Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Thanks all:

Originally Posted by Translator
Welcome Ingvar from a very wet Brittany. Looks like you have a great project to keep you out of mischief over the dark period.

Please post a restoration series in the XJS section, we will all follow with interest.

Oh and yes if you've got any footage or links of the Icelandic versions of offroading, please share them in the sights and sounds section, simply nuts... LOL

Enjoy your stay,
How about a trade? I,ll take some of your rain and you can have some of the wind and cold I got here ??
I will start a thread in the XJS section as soon as I can bring the project car inside and start working on it, hopfully within the next week or two.
Right now I´m in the process of parting out the donor car and putting the parts in storage.
Great way getting to know the XJS inside out, btw.

There are some great Icelandic offroad footage (icelandic off road racing) on youtube but I´ll see if I can find some more for you.

Ingvar