New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

newbie~ I finally got a Jag!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking newbie~ I finally got a Jag!

Hi all,

After years of dreaming, I just decided to go for it. What lady hasn't dreamed of a Jaguar?
i knew what they'd say, think and the advice i'd get against buying her. i didn't care.
i didn't care that i'd just started to work again, that i wasn't even off welfare yet. i didn't care that my mechanic/husband was now paralyzed and wouldn't be able to take care of it for me. i didn't care that no one thought it was possible to find one in my price range that wasn't a POS, trashed, without gremlins living in it. Truly, most of the ones i found were junk. I didn't care that my father said ok, ONLY if I bought a warranty. (He is a FORD guy) I told him it was Ford's first roll out after they bought jag. he already knew. i told him about the safety rating and the reliability rating. he didn't know. i didn't tell him i couldn't afford the car AND a warranty.

I did my research. read all the reviews, scoured the forums, priced parts, checked the values, read the safety reviews, the pro reviews, the consumer reviews. i watched all the used car sites online. I looked at many, but I only drove 2 S-types. the other one only because the seller had driven 75 miles to meet me. and mine. i saw her the day it was listed. i didn't have the cash yet. 6 weeks later i test drove her with my bestie. we downloaded a checklist from car and driver. perfect. price was 3k above KBB. i didn't have all the cash yet, anyway. 3 weeks later i asked to borrow from a relative. They said no, why don't i look for something less exotic? No worries. 2 weeks later, i have the cash! it took a few hours, but i got the dealer to accept my offer (at the KBB value.) And I paid cash.

WELL, my husband, and his friends, were shocked at the condition, and deal i got. she is beautiful, a V8, under 70k miles, and even the color i wanted! 5 new tires, manuals and records. My dad said i lucked out. but it wasn't luck. it was research, and a good choice. I'm In Tacoma, he's in Orlando. he asked what was i going to drive when he visits?

As a real estate agent, i am surrounded by BMWs, Mercedes, and various japanese imports owned by my colleagues. i love that my ride looks as good as brand new, but has a lot more style than any other car in our lot. my clients are comfortable, and i have instant cred when i meet business contacts.

i could not be happier!!!

Michelle

Attached Thumbnails newbie~ I finally got a Jag!-point-defiance.jpg  
Old 01-02-2017, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just so you know, i'm not afraid to turn a wrench, either! <br/>

Old 01-02-2017, 04:56 AM
Received 252 Likes on 156 Posts

Hi.

A welcome to the forum from Norway. It seems you made a good choice. As you probably know, you will find lots of information here.

Good luck with your new car. It looks very nice.

The following users liked this post:
Michelle H. (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 05:31 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Michelle,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Northwest Region forum by following this link US Northwest - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Michelle H. (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 06:26 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Michelle H. (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,353 Likes on 5,433 Posts

Hi, Michelle,
Congratulations on your 'new' Jaguar, a good deal well made, and your choice of tools!
With the help of our very active S-type section you'll be able to tackle just about anything the car throws at you.

Well Done!!

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 01-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Michelle,
Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 01-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

Welcome, and enjoy your Jaguar.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 3,968 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Welcome aboard Michelle.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 10,520 Likes on 6,949 Posts

Welcome.

Well done.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Congrats, sounds like you got a steal from the s(teal)er.

[didn't know that last word was a censored word, WTH forum moderator??]

Last edited by Wolfy; 01-02-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:42 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-04-2017, 02:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 219 Posts

I just love it when a person sets a goal for themselves and then relentlessly works toward making it a reality. The research you did makes for wonderful insurance - you didn't go into this blindly like so many! You should get many, many happy miles out of your new Jaguar! Congratulations!!!

Dwayne