New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Newbie!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie!!

Hello everyone!
My name is Jamie and I'm located in Texas Hill Country, USA. This is my first time being a member of a forum, so I'm kind of just spectating at this point. I'm mostly looking for useful, real world experience and suggestions to make being a Jag owner more practical. I'm a total car girl, gal, chick, lady, hag, hen, or whatever one may call a grown woman whose like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to combustion engines, beefy sounding exhaust, and adrenaline dumping horsepower. Four years ago I was in search of a new-to-me sedan that offered luxury, space enough for family or clients, (I was in real estate), and would haul a$$. I happened to test drive a Cadillac CTS-V which blew my mind, but it was going to give me problems. After a couple of months of research on the CTS-V I resigned to making due with our Duramax (diesel pickup). Then one day, on my way to resolve a speeding ticket, a car just off the freeway in front of a dealership caught my eye. I had to know what it was, so I stopped by on my way home and that day marked the day I fell in love with a Jag. It was a 2016 XJR LWB, Supercharged 5.0L V8, black on white; the ultimate sleeper as it turned out. I owned it for a year, but it spent a lot of time going in for repairs so I had to let it go. I set my sights on the Project 8 next, patiently waiting for a sweet deal on a pre-owned. Amidst my searches I found my new baby. Currently a very proud owner of a
2013 XKR-S, 5.0L V8, Supercharged. I've had it for about 16 months now and she brings me joy every single day.

No filters. She just sparkles naturally.

Cheers!
Jamie O.

Old 04-15-2024, 10:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums Jamie,

Good to have you with us.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/ to the XK/XKR forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues. You can also use the US Southwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/ to find other members in your region.

Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
jaguarjamie (04-16-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 07:53 PM
Received 3,968 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Welcome aboard Jamie.

jaguarjamie (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 03:27 AM
Received 10,521 Likes on 6,950 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

jaguarjamie (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Jaimie,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 04-16-2024, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,355 Likes on 5,433 Posts

Hello, Jamie,
If you want to make a Statement, just pull up to anywhere and get out of a polished up Jaaag!
Especially as a Woman in Business.
Not Duramax nor BMW nor Porsche, nor any other ride will have the same impact, visually, mentally or emotionally.
I can tell you how I learned that.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

jaguarjamie (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 10:35 AM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

jaguarjamie (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguarjamie
Hello everyone!
My name is Jamie and I'm located in Texas Hill Country, USA. This is my first time being a member of a forum, so I'm kind of just spectating at this point. I'm mostly looking for useful, real world experience and suggestions to make being a Jag owner more practical. I'm a total car girl, gal, chick, lady, hag, hen, or whatever one may call a grown woman whose like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to combustion engines, beefy sounding exhaust, and adrenaline dumping horsepower. Four years ago I was in search of a new-to-me sedan that offered luxury, space enough for family or clients, (I was in real estate), Tutuapp 9Apps and would haul a$$. I happened to test drive a Cadillac CTS-V which blew my mind, but it was going to give me problems. After a couple of months of research on the CTS-V I resigned to making due with our Duramax (diesel pickup). Then one day, on my way to resolve a speeding ticket, a car just off the freeway in front of a dealership caught my eye. I had to know what it was, so I stopped by on my way home and that day marked the day I fell in love with a Jag. It was a 2016 XJR LWB, Supercharged 5.0L V8, black on white; the ultimate sleeper as it turned out. I owned it for a year, but it spent a lot of time going in for repairs so I had to let it go. I set my sights on the Project 8 next, patiently waiting for a sweet deal on a pre-owned. Amidst my searches I found my new baby. Currently a very proud owner of a
2013 XKR-S, 5.0L V8, Supercharged. I've had it for about 16 months now and she brings me joy every single day.

No filters. She just sparkles naturally.

Cheers!
Jamie O.
Sweet ride Welcome to the forum

jaguarjamie (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,112 Likes on 700 Posts

Welcome. If you are up for a road trip and want to hang out with like-minded gearheads this weekend:

https://allbritishcarday.com/

This is one of my favorite events of the season because I see domestic muscle cars and hot rods at local shows every weekend, but I only get to see rare European classics two or three shows a year. I hope it holds out but this weekend's weather forecast looks to be turning soggy on us. It may turn out to be an "authentic" British car show. Last year I took my Lotus, but I think I'll just be spectating this year.