New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts
Default Newbie

I'm a new member, just wanted to say hello and tell you that over the past few months that I've owned my dk. red w/black interior 2002 XKR, I have come to the Jaguar Forum on numerous occasions to research issues I had with my car ("green monster" fluid, aftermarket polyurethane bushings, shocks, etc.) and found it quite helpful. I live in sunny, southern California (San Fernando Valley), enjoy a mixture of sporting cars I have gathered over the years which include a 1968 Pontiac GTO, 1972 De Tomaso Pantera, a 1978 Datsun 280Z (I'm the original owner), a 1958 Corvette (currently undergoing complete restoration), as well as a few everyday family vehicles including a 2002 XJ Sport. I go to two or three Audi Club track events per year with a friend where we switch off driving his Audi S5-6speed (what a car!) and my Pantera (looks as beautiful as ever but feels every bit of 40 years old compared to the S5, but still fun). I do interior design and decorating, as well as real estate development and management, and am a partner in a new venture that will be manufacturing automated parking systems (extremely interesting for large auto collectors) for commercial and residential properties. AutoParkit (AutoParkit.com) is the name of the company and we're beginning construction on our first system in the next couple of weeks with many more to soon follow.

I look forward to partcipating on the forum and corresponding with many of you. As soon as I figure out how to do so, I will upload photos of a few of my cars.

Thanks for having me.
Ted

Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Ted
welcome aboard the forum, good to have you here

Nice intro and thanks for the info too......

Some great guys / DIY'ers and top techs here all friendly and willing to help if able.

There's also more than a few laughs and plenty going on in the Off Topic sections + the regional areas, so check them out.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can immediately enjoy all the benefits this site has to offer, enjoy the site.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ted,

That sounds like an interesting collection that you have.

Is your parking system like the Japanese style units that stack the cars up?

Old 04-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Ted, welcome to the forum. Good to have another member from the west coast aboard. Besides pictures of your car I'm sure we'd love to see pics of your Autoparkit system when completed.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ted!

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts
Default new member welcome

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. In the few days I've looked to the forums, I've learned I'm not the only one experiencing a whole host of little peculiarities with my XKR. Misery loves company. As for the automated parking structures, they are, indeed like the ones in Asia, in that they stack cars. However, the system doesn't require concrete decks (as in a building) between floors, it is all done with structural steel and computerized pallets. If interested, there is a video at the website at Autoparkit.com that shows how the system looks and works. We have dozens of projects awaiting the completion of this first system prototype, it's the key to the future. I'll post pictures periodically as construction progresses. It should be very exciting. Thanks again for allowing me to participate.
Ted