New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Newbie Austin

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Newbie Austin

Hey what's up guys. My name is Austin and I originate from Lawton, OK in the USA. I have been an oil tech and also a lot porter at a Toyota dealership. I go to college and major in psychology. I also am part of the fraternity Sigma Tau Gamma. I have had a job since I was nine and am very hands on with everything. Anything I mess up I look at as a way 'not to do' something rather then a mistake, just like Thomas Edison invented 2000 ways not to invent a light bulb. I own a 2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0. I originally bought it from this older lady that I knew at 55,000. It has roughly 78,000 miles now. I have had to do a little bit of work to it and still have a lot more to go. I have changed the breaks on it, changed the rotors on it, changed the window motors, fixed the trunk sensor, and replaced the passenger rear light box. I still need to fix the upper breather tube, fix the antifreeze leak, and reupholster the headliner and beams. I was also hoping to put a sound system in it but cannot find an install kit anywhere. Some things that I want to do but have no earthly clue how to do is replace the dash and reupholster my seats. Also the center console top and steering wheel are leather and are really worn black, plan on replacing that. Anything and everything that I do I will post a how to on it. I am definitely going to try to reupholster my headliner over the summer, which starts next week. I don't know about you guys but I look forward to this great relationship with you JaguarForums!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,667 Likes on 8,322 Posts

Welcome Austin (great name...my youngest grandson is also Austin).
Sounds like you'll be providing some very good info in the S-Type section. Good to have you with us.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum Austin,

Good to have you with us.
That is a great name for a British car owner.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.