New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

A Newbie just parked

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default A Newbie just parked

Hi all,

My name is Steve Ashton. I now live in Victoria, BC Canada.

Back in August I purchased my second Jaguar.
My first was a '63 XKE, 3.8 roadster which I drove around Oahu while stationed there back in the '70's.

This time I am the proud owner of a '92 XJS convertible.
I lucked into this car from a neighbor. It is in pristine condition.

I've taken a look around the forum and would like to thank all for the great info and links.

Attached Thumbnails A Newbie just parked-img_0700.jpg   A Newbie just parked-img_0699.jpg   A Newbie just parked-img_0702.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:29 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums. The XJS certainly does look immaculate.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-32/ to the XJS forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Canada Region forum by following this link Canada - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your country.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome! Sweet ride!

Old 10-04-2013, 05:50 PM

thanks for the welcomes.

If I'm not mistaken it is 3 days + 10 posts before I can post to my garage. Correct?

Old 10-04-2013, 05:54 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

YES.

Garage, Private Messaging and attachment downloads are the main restrictions for that period.

Graham

Old 10-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum - one sweet ride! Enjoy

Old 10-04-2013, 06:10 PM

OK, thanks. I thought I read that right.

I'm in the process of completing my UserCP data. I own a vBulletin forum too so have a good idea of my way around.

As I said this is my second Jag. This one was a total stoke of luck. I was on my way to home depot in my Subaru and this car was in a driveway with a for sale sign on it.
I stopped, just because I can't ever pass up looking at a Jag, and the owner showed me around the car.

Believe it or not, this guy's garage was carpeted!!!

When I walked up he was picking small leaves out of the drip rails with tweezers.

After speaking with him for a while I told him I had to check with SWMBO before committing to a purchase.

I stopped in to talk to him each time I saw the car in the driveway. I guess the guy took a liking to me as he dropped the asking price each time we spoke.

In the end the price was too good not to take. I literally stole this car. He even through in half of the transfer fee.

I've put about 250 miles on the car so far. Just to make sure everything is working and in good order. I swapped out the water/antifreeze and put in Evans. Did a full fluid flush and change. I test squeezed every hose and put a wrench on every nut I could find.
The only thing I found worn were the foam washers at the top of the front shocks.

I will drive the car for the next few months or until the weather starts to change. Although the weather here is real mild for Canada.

I'll keep her under cover with a battery minder till spring and hope to enjoy a full season next year.

I joined my local Jag Club and showed the car at two 'shine & show's' here locally.

Again, thanks for having me.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Good to have you with us.
You should check out the guys in the Northwest section also, they are a pretty active bunch! https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...-canadians-64/
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search
facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....

Old 10-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Welcome Steve-

Nice to see somebody from Victoria. I see you've found you way around the board already.

Please stop by the Canadian section (see my sig) now and then.