New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Noob here and i'm not sure where i should post

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here and i'm not sure where i should post

My questions regarding my car. Been looking for a good Jaguar board for the longest time but never found one... until now i hope. Before i start let me just tell you guys that my English is fairly poor. My written English is horrible. I know and I'm trying my best but French being my mother tongue I sure you'll agree that I'm doing fairly well.

Now on to the car... 1992 Xj12 series III. It's like #58 of the last 102 sold here in Canada. I'm having little problems with it and I'm not totally sure what section to post or search. There is a XJ6-XJ12 but it says 1969 to 1987. Am i missing something?

Anyway hopefully this is the place I've been looking for.

Thanks

Old 09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Welcome to the forums , thanks for your concern as to where to post your thread ,this is a right place too but mainly for newbies who like to be welcomed mostly anyway don't worry

Old 09-16-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by cadillac
Welcome to the forums , thanks for your concern as to where to post your thread ,this is a right place too but mainly for newbies who like to be welcomed mostly anyway don't worry
yea I wanted to introduce myself and at the same time i didnt want to post a question in the wrong forum. I hate it when people post questions at the wrong place in the other forums I'm a member

So would you happen t know where i should post my questions? you seam like you're a very active member

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,909 Likes on 3,211 Posts

Tark, welcome to the club. I think you will find what you are after here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and you will be surprised as to what you can find here. If I could get my hands on the schematics for your car, I will step you through any electrical problem you may have. As for mechanical, that may be hit and miss with me.

If in doubt, post the question in the "General Topics" section and someone will stop by and help you out. You can also try the forum that you mentioned. May not fall into those years, but they will know what to help you with.

Je ne parle pas francais beaucoup. Sorry, I'm sure that is wrong on many levels, but it has been many years since I have spoken french.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Tark, welcome to our site, good to have you with us.

I've replied to your other post in the XJ section with a few comments that I hope will be helpful.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Welcome Tark, and as far as your written English goes, you're doing very well so far. We've read much worse here as this is turning into a multinational forum. I hope our US slang, or our poor grammar at times doesn't throw you into too much chaos.

Good luck with resolving your problems.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Bienvenue Tark, don't worry about your English, it would appear that you really do not have a major problem. You have landed in the right place for not only assistance with your Jag, but also general friendship and camaraderie.

If you are totally stuck with vocabulary, or a technical term, that you only know in French send me a PM (Private Message) before you post to the forum, and I will try to help you with the language. But don't let this worry you, many of the members do speak French, and ALL will appreciate the effort you are making.
A+

Old 09-19-2009, 04:10 PM

Welp this is turning out to be the place I was looking for... Already 2 problems solved! The off topic section is a little slower then I'm used to but the tech boards are kick ***.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy Tark

Welcome to the forum! Your English is better than mine.