New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

One more joining the ranks

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012 | 05:27 AM
|
Default One more joining the ranks

I've been a fan of X300 jags (green XJRs, in particular) since late nineties. The first encounter was when I drove one on Gran Turismo II on the original Playstation. The graphics were well pixelated, but the description of the car and the general design left a lasting impression.

The price of the real car was way out of my league. I thought it's utterly impossible I would ever own one. Well, fast forward ten years and suddenly the value of these jags had dropped from around 100 000 euros (Finnish taxes!) to around 10 000. This summer I managed to grab a rhd manual XJR 95 for half of that.

The car is number 103 out of 268 ever made. It hasn't been neglected, but the previous owner hasn't been very keen on getting things sorted. Pretty much all the typical niggles were there.

So far I have sorted: worn water pump, misaligned cam sensor (revealed by the Andy bracket), cracked rear manifold, front anti-roll bar touching the spring, driver's seat switches not working (forward movement).

Things left to do: sagging headliner, dim clock, slight random misfire on idle (probably coils), perished upper shock bushes, old belts and idlers, ancient propshaft center bearing (shake at 120km/h), sticking high idle (I'm convinced this can be resolved with a linear spring with more preload).

I've have been following up the forum for some time now. There have been several threads where I felt I could have helped. So, it's time to register.

Old 10-13-2012 | 06:12 AM

Welcome to the forum Yuruki, sounds like you have a pretty interesting Jag there. Please post some pics and let us known any progress on it.

Old 10-13-2012 | 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the interesting intro and welcome to this friendly Forum.
I'm sure you don't need me to point you at the X300 section.
There's also a European section here
Europe - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
There are quite a few members from Finland - you can find them by going to Community on the menu then do an advanced member search.

Old 10-13-2012 | 06:52 AM

Welcome to the forum Yuruki,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-13-2012 | 05:16 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Yuruki,

Congratulations on the XJR. Certainly a very costly luxury vehicle in Finland.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 10-13-2012 | 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there Yuruki welcome aboard, good to have you here with us here at JF

Sounds like an interesting vehicle.....any pics?

I'm sure we can help with some of your issues and perhaps you can chime in here too if you can help.

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................