New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Ongoing problems with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ongoing problems with bluetooth

I bought my 2011 Jaguar XJL on March 2011. I have been having problems with electronics from week two. Also the trunk liner has been fixed twice already.

I am asking for help in relationship to the bluetooth system, which I believe is in need of a root canal.

The first time I took the car in, the problem was that sometimes the phone will not connect automatically with the car. The second time the phone was doing the following

My command: Car Response:

Phone Phone
Call Contact Phone.....Call Contact.......This function is
currently unavailable
When this issue occured I just erased the phone from the system (every two to three days) and I reconnected it again until it happened again

I took the car back and I was told that the problem was the software that was upgraded, by the way, my phone IS compatible. My car was returned back to my on Monday and it worked great for six days.

Now it is not only doing it again, but also even if I erase the phone, I cannot fix it by re-pairing the phone.

Other problems I had so far include:

1. Main screen turning red after gassing the car. Lasted several hours. Corrected itself spontaneously. Never happened again
2. Both side mirrors failed to deploy once. Single episode.Corrected itself after several hours.
3. Rear sun roof failed to close. Single episode. Corrected itself after several hours
4. Front passenger seat controls failed to operate. Single episode. Corrected itself after 30 minutes.
5. False alarm regarding low tire pressure.
6. False reading of low gasoline level after gassing the vehicle, corrected itself within minutes.
7. Driver side warning light (well..... this one I was told that was nothing, and when I look at the repair bill I noticed they changed the module and my air bag)
8. Trunk liner had to be fixed twice, second time thay just change the whole thing.

I don't if I need a certified Master Mechanic or an Exorcist at this point. Now, any ideas about what to do with the Bluetooth???? I have already spoken with a lemon law attorney here in California because I had a previous experience with a BMW years ago, when I waited patiently and I got taken by the car company at the end, so this time I am going to be more aggressive and get legal representation early.

I love this car, I would like to keep it if I could therefore If anyone has any ideas about how to solve this problem I could take to the people of my dealership to solve this issue amicably I would greatly appreciate.

To Your Health

doctorlecter
2011xjl

Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Welcome to the forum and i wish you luck in finding a solution.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are having more than a few teething problems with your Jag.

Head on over to the the tech section for your car, here is really only used for introductions.