New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

PA XJS Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012 | 03:50 PM
|
Default PA XJS Owner

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to take a quick minute to say hello. I actually signed up quite some time ago when I was working on my first 1986 XJS but had to "re-sign up" last evening after not posting my first time around.....

Some minor health issues as well as every day life just got in the way of the Jag for quite a number of years. My first Jaguar was a 1986 XJS back in 1997. It was Blue with Tan interior but my "Love" was something with Black Exterior and Black Interior. Almost immediately after finding my second XJS (a "Black and Tan Cat") that was in decent shape in 2000, I finally ran a cross an almost pristine Black on Black 1989 XJS with a stroked 5.3 - now 6.0. I just had to have it, so it made it's way from Texas to PA in 2001 and I've had it ever since.

After a few moves and other projects, I'm now ready to put a new layer of paint on the "old cat" and begin taking it around town again. It's a shame, the original paint is in fantastic condition but the original owner must have frequently buffed the paint and my rear drivers side and trunk area have now faded. Even though the interior was in nice shape, I did a quick "restore" a few years ago and now (other than my headliner (my current project), it's almost perfect now inside.

Next up is the new paint and custom exhaust.

Glad to be part of the forum. (I'll make sure I post and stay active this time!)

Last edited by XJS4me; 08-26-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2012 | 05:29 PM
GGG

Welcome to the forum XJS4me,

With that Jag experience you shouldn't have any difficulty finding info to post!

Black on black is always a tempting combination. Got to see pics of the 'before' and 'after' paint.

Follow this link XJS - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJS section for help and advice.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Please also visit the North East US Region section https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/north-east-us-me-nh-vt-ma-ri-ct-nj-ny-pa-35/ for other members and events in your region.

Enjoy the XJS and the forum.

Graham

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard, good to have you here with us or back with us again....lol

Thanks for the really great intro + info, just missing a few pics....

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 08-26-2012 | 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum XJS4me,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 08-26-2012 | 08:26 PM
|

Hey Thanks "Admin's and Moderator" !

I'm actually updating my profile now. It's funny, because unless I take a close-up pic of my trunk, my before and "after paint" pics will pretty much look exactly the same (at least online).

The exterior of the car looks "kind of brand new" and is nice and shiny as it currently sits. (I'll be posting a few pics soon). As I understand it, the previous owner had the car parked constantly under a carport and the sun must have just "come around" consistently, day after day and hit the trunk and driver's side "sail panel", because it looked like those areas were very buffed out compared to the other areas of the car.

It was just barely noticeable when I got the car but I guess the paint was just thin enough to eventually wear a bit faster than the rest of the car. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be painting the car.

However the car has a (only 1) slight door ding and 1 small mark where a tree branch came down in a storm so a new coat of paint would really make the car look great.

Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by XJS4me; 08-26-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2012 | 10:39 PM

Welcome XJS4me,

Great pointers given above. Check out the NE Regional Page when you have a moment.

The link is below. Enjoy! Anthony

Old 08-26-2012 | 11:10 PM
|

Thanks Abonano - Will Do, thanks for the link,