New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

phil

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phil

Just bought 2006 S type 2.7. so getting used to it. All great apart from bubbling noise from dash area

Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Phil,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK Region forum by following this link UK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in this country.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,218 Likes on 5,391 Posts

Hello, Phil,
Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,773 Likes on 8,362 Posts

Hi Phil, you've got a really nice car and any questions about it, the gooroo's in that section will be able to assist you when needed.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 07-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Received 4,281 Likes on 3,701 Posts

welcome to the forum - you will find plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Graham has provided - enjoy

Old 07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Received 12,949 Likes on 6,469 Posts

Phil,

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

Don

Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Phil,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 07-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts
Default Welcome Phil

Welcome Phil and belated greetings from another 2.7TTD S-Type fan on the other side of the world .... Recent absence had me miss your original post, and I am anxious to see your specific concern addressed. I cannot find any post seeking help on your "bubbling" behind dash over in the specific S-Type section where it will attract the most active tech help. I have seen it referred to but haven't had time yet to track down the precise thread ... early this year? Suggest you search threads with terms like like buzzing, whirring (as in a fan), noise behind dash, or just dash...

But ... I do offer some advice I believe you will find very valuable, and which goes beyond your current query.

First, I suggest a sensible caution when trying to address issues concerning your model here on Jaguar Forums ... much (but not all) is NA focused and they never received any of these beautiful Twin Turbo V6 Diesels. Even among all other markets outside the home UK, they are rare ... in some markets, very rare. Australia had to wait until well into 2006 to get our first deliveries ... and with my VIN being in the region of N8XXXX, mine is reported by Jaguar Australia as "one of the last" ... the reality is I have yet to learn of any others beyond the 2 that were extensively road tested in late 2006.

My constantly churning mantra is to try to differentiate between "car issues" with plenty of help here in the S-Type section, as noted above ... or is it related to "engine/engine management/exhaust/some drive-train and many electronics issues". If the latter, then treat any advice here with caution unless verified by a thorough trawl through other sources, such as the UK Forum, where these cars were more prolific, better known, and more actively supported.

Oh ... did I happen to mention ... congratulations on getting the best of the best! I've owned and/or serviced most of the others ... so I know just how special this experience will be for you.
Best wishes, and see you over in the S-Type section,
Ken