New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Proud, newish member

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014 | 06:11 AM
|
Default Proud, newish member

Hi,
My name is Russell. I have just purchased my first Jaguar, 2006 S type 3ltr. I am very happy to own a Jag at last and I hope my car will see me out. I do not wish to buy another car but I'm anxious to know what other members can tell me about the damned whine from the diff. Is there a fix for this or do I need to purchase a new one? Can anybody guide me through this? I am 63 years young and work in a call centre for the NZ Racing Board. I have convinced my wife to allow me to buy this car but don't know how to tell her I need a new diff. Contrary to common belief, you don't have to be wealthy to buy this car but it may cost more than I can afford at my time of life. Have I bought a pig or will this be the best purchase I have ever made? Please advise me.

Old 10-19-2014 | 06:23 AM

Hi Russell, welcome to the forum.

Post your questions in the S-type forum for help from members with similar cars.
S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

When you get a minute drop by the NZ forum and post in the roll call thread.

New Zealand - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 10-19-2014 | 06:31 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Russell,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the New Zealand Region forum by following this link New Zealand - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 10-19-2014 | 07:17 AM

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!!

Old 10-19-2014 | 09:57 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Russell,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 10-19-2014 | 06:33 PM
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Old 10-19-2014 | 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
Default Welcome to Jaguar Forums

Hi there Russell. Welcome aboard JaguarForums, and greetings from a fellow enthusiast in Australia.
Best wishes,
Ken