New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Proud to be an STR owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proud to be an STR owner

Hello all,
Looking forward to being a member of the forums,something tells me its going to be a long term relationship!!
Became the owner of a '52' plate STR in May this year after my father sadly passed away and it was his wish that the car came to me to be cared for.
I have worked within the main dealer network in Manchester uk as a vehicle technician since 1989 up untill 4 years ago when redundancy opened up the opertunity for me to go it on my own,i now own and run a very busy and successful workshop in the centre of Manchester catering for cars and light commercial repairs,diagnostics etc etc.
The STR is in dry dock at the moment whilst the wheels are being restored,headlight lens's refinished(gone all frosted) and some engine work is taking place to bring all that power back and hopefully to find several more BHP with the replacment of all tired coolant hoses on the way.
Needless to say this car is going to stay with me for the foreseeable future as it means a lot to me, regardless of what maintenance it needs,at least i dont have to pay labour bills eh!
Hope to be able to help anyone out with any mechanical or technical knowledge that i can assist with.
Great to be a part of it and hope to get to meet some of you guys when the cars up and running at uk events.
One question i do have is, in the event i dont win the polished intake pipe that "caldoofy" has generously donated to the club for the prize draw how do i get my hands on one? Would look great in the engine bay when its all finished!
Dave.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:48 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Sorry for your loss but good to hear you plan to keep the STR as your father wished.

I'd usually give links to the tech section and the Region forum but I know you've found both already. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top of the S-Type forum is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Good luck in the Free Prize Draw. In the event you don't win, I'm sure John (Caldoofy) will be happy to sell you an Intake. Here's a link to his thread with all the details:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...it-strs-83960/

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 09-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome! *secret handshake* Glad to hear you have a plan for getting it back on the road.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the welcome,yes I have to admit I have trawled through the tech sections many a time,very interesting reading it makes too.I have always worked on the basis that you are never too experienced to learn something new,so these sections are always of an interest to me.I did sort some problems for my Dad on this car which I now read are regular issues eg heater control valve seized and wheel bolts shearing off.I intend to get this car into a high standard of mechanical order and pick up some extra horses on the way,there are some paint issues but only due to age,stone chips etc so they will be the final job.I did think about joining the UK club but do find the American approach to mechanical solutions and modifying much more definitive(no offence intended to UK club)plus they have much more experience with superchargers and their effect when mod'd.Overall I think what I'm trying to say is that this site has a much wider scope of input and look forward to learning more about what these cars are capable of with a few tweaks and turns.
Regards Dave

Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dave,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 4,458 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Received 4,304 Likes on 3,721 Posts

welcome to the forum

Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum buddy! maybe post up some pictures of your STR in the s-type section...

Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the search
facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.

Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....