New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Rust on my XKR

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust on my XKR

Can anyone help me. My jaguar registered in October 2006 has rust on the driver side door.

I bought this car from my local dealer, Marshalls, having been a customer of this company for over 8 years. Since purchasin, all work has been carried out by this company including all services.

I recently took it in with a problem and was told I needed new tyres so took it to a local tyre company who noticed bubbling on the door. This had not been picked up by Marshalls.

When I pointed it out to the dealership they had a recognised body repair agent look at it and I was told it was not a warranty claim - there was a muttering about a chip from a stone .

I took the car to an independent body repair shop and was told that no evidence of a chip could be seen.

I told the dealership this and asked them to put in a claim to Jaguar which they duly did.
The claim was refused.

I have asked for a copy of the report made by their body repair agent and a copy of the claim but was told that there was only a reply from Jaguar available which was "from the evidence you have provided no manufactures defect can be identified”and that is all!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I should do or any stories about similar problems which may help my cause?

Last edited by JimC64; 11-01-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: CREATE LINE BREAKS
Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, Janette.
We're fortunate in having a portal to Jaguar UK here
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...-crc-uk-82019/
so go ahead and post your problem there.
There's an XKR section too
XK / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

The following users liked this post:
Janette (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Janette,

I was reading your question on another forum earlier this morning.

As a long term customer of Marshalls this must be particularly galling for you. Right or wrong it is a less than satisfactory response from that well established East Anglian Jaguar Main Dealer.

A stone chip removes paint from the surface and is clearly visible. Bubbling under the surface is an indication of a problem with the metal itself or adhesion of the paint to the metal. Entirely different issues requiring different remedial action.

Either way, you want the door repaired. The issue therefore becomes who pays.

Follow Steve's link to our contact with UK Jaguar CRC (Customer Relationship Centre) who may be able to do something about having this decision reviewed.

Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Janette (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi & welcome aboard Janette
Its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

So sorry to hear of your issues and hope we can help.
Steve / Graham have already provided excellent info on this......please get in touch with our contact at Jaguar, Nicola on this and ask her advice.

As stated she can be contacted here....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-68/jaguar-crc-uk-82019/

On a side note, but related.
I had similar issues with rust on my wifes Passat (53) on front wings last year. It turns out after much research that it was a common issue and a design fault, but VW would not stand by their 12 anti perforation warranty.

It took me nearly 3 months of constant phone calls / emails etc and threats of small claims court legal action but eventually I was awarded a 100% free fix as have many others.

Please bear in mind though, that this was / is a common fault on the Passat, which helped the process somewhat.

I'm not aware of this as a common issue on the XKR.......but you'll get better info on that within the relevant section for your vehicle.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site................

Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum Janette,

Good to have you with us.
Let us know how you get o with the claim.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.