New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Southern Belle here - Hi all! Birmingham, AL

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Southern Belle here - Hi all! Birmingham, AL

I own a 2002 Jaguar S-Type, V6, 3.0 - British Green

I have owned this car for 4 years and can't say I've had no problems, but that's usual I think out of any car. The number of sensors this car has on/in it MAKES MY HEAD HURT....LOL!

I have had window problems, i.e., falling down into doors, a $3 vacuum leak that took breaking the manifold down 3 times before finding (not me doing the work - even though I have almost learned enough to think I might actually could fix some of the problems....ha! AC problems/heat problems.

My heater went out last winter so I froze my boohiney off and after some studying believe your heater can take your air out simultaneously or vice versa - and I may be completely wrong about that.

Problem I have right now is the car "chugs" (best description I can give) and it is not consistent, just at times - like it's not getting enough gas or possibly bad plug - NO IDEA - I am a single woman with my dad (71 yrs old) that helps me with it the best he can.

I notice my car is losing all its coolant and has always lost oil, but never seen any oil spots so that makes no sense, but I lost all coolant and oil a couple of weeks ago and my air quit working at the same time.....clutch not engaging on compressor.

It seems every 2-4 days I have lost coolant and oil, but again no oil spots, but coolant can be seen under side with reservoir. Pretty sure my htg problem is the htr valve behind radiator, but now confused with why air quit working at same time all coolant was lost. SO IDK!!!! Love the forums they are very helpful - hoping to find some answers through others experiences.

Attached Thumbnails Southern Belle here - Hi all!  Birmingham, AL-1330817160413.jpg   Southern Belle here - Hi all!  Birmingham, AL-1340569890289.jpg   Southern Belle here - Hi all!  Birmingham, AL-1340925057307.jpg   Southern Belle here - Hi all!  Birmingham, AL-me4.jpg  

Last edited by JimC64; 09-10-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: create line breaks - BLOCK TEXT
Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sonja.

Sounds like quite a list.

Head on over to the S Type section and post up your questions, the guys will help.

Remember to give any codes you have.

If you lost all coolant and oil something is a bit serious.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sonja,

S-Type looks good, especially as you're in one of the States where you don't have to fit a front registration plate.

Follow Richard's link to the S-Type section for help and advice. The coolant loss needs to be resolved promptly as this is the one item in your 'to do' list where damage could be caused if ignored.

Please also visit the Southern Mid West US Region section Southern MidWest - AR LA MS KY TN AL - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 09-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, Sonja.
As Richard says go right away to the S type section
and post your coolant/oil problems - you definitely need to sort this or it will be new engine time.

If I may suggest - when you post your problem put some line breaks in (press return).
It makes the text so much easier to follow.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sonja,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by steveinfrance
If I may suggest - when you post your problem put some line breaks in (press return).
It makes the text so much easier to follow.
Thanks Jim, now everyone will wonder what on earth I was on about!!
What a difference though.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Received 298 Likes on 171 Posts
Smile

Hello Sonja,
WELCOME! Will be looking for your posts/discussions in the S-Type sections.
You may see my zircon (blue) X-Type around town when I visit my friend Cathy in Irondale.
Not soon though, you are 12 Hours from Mechanicsville Va!

best regards,

Bill
Mechanicsville, Va

Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,008 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there Sonja & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum Sonja nice to see more laldies on here.

They are all very helpful with anything you need to know.

May you have a long and happy time here.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM

LOL - you may see me cruising VA as that is where my mom and my son live - Midlothian, not sure where that is relative to Mechanicsville, but I visit 2 or 3 times a year.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM

I love the statement 'The woman is wild, a she-cat tamed by the purr of a Jaguar' - always wanted a personalized tag "WILDCAT" - but my wild left in my mid-30s - no maybe I will get a tag that says "TAMECAT" - Nah!!! Wouldn't carry as much weight at all. Thanks for the nice welcome by you and all the others.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by slashbaylor98
I notice my car is losing all its coolant and has always lost oil, but never seen any oil spots so that makes no sense, but I lost all coolant and oil a couple of weeks ago and my air quit working at the same time.....clutch not engaging on compressor.
I assume you mean all the visible coolant in the resevior. If you lost all your coolant the engine would not run 10 minutes without overheating and being badly damaged.

Please....keep the coolant topped up (you can use distilled water in an emergency) until this leak is repaired. Do not drive with the coolant low message. If the message comes back within seconds or minutes of refilling, do not drive the car at all, haved it towed. If you have a fast leak, and the coolant gets low enough, it can fall below the temperature sensor and you will never get an overheating warning.