New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Steve from Australia 07 XJR

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Steve from Australia 07 XJR

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2007 Jaguar XJR in amazing condition. Only 37000 km (23k miles) and you would be hard pushed to tell it's not brand new. Colour scheme is adriatic blue with grey leather. Here are some of the dealer's photos, note that in reality the colour gives off a green iridescence in sunlight:

Name:  XJROSF2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  XJRNSF1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  XJRInteriorDash.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  89.0 KB

I also looked at second hand AMGs and BMW M cars but they are quite common here and lack the presence of the Jag. They were also more expensive than the XJR for similar age and condition. I'm glad I bought the XJR, recent year XJRs are very rare in Australia (I will likely never see another one on the road). In contrast, Australia is I believe the largest consumer of AMGs per capita. On the way home I stopped in a park amongst a row of Mercedes, BMWs, and Audis and quite frankly in the presence of the XJR they looked like Korean cars!

My other car is a 2007 Subaru Forester modified to produce 230kWatw/490Nm (308hpatw/361lbf.ft) and its good fun.

My plan is to drive the XJR as is for a little while then make a few tweaks. My first impression is that it could do with an LSD... reading the forum I thought a Quaife would be the way to go? I'd also consider power upgrades but have noticed the improvements from pulley upgrades/exhaust/air intake seem to be relatively low. I'm interested in a supercharger upgrade and hope that avo will have a twin srew kit for this car soon as that seems to be the way to get large improvements. I'm also interested in getting an ECU tune but I can't find anyone in Australia who tunes Jaguars so it might have to be a distance tune (mailing the ECU to Europe or the USA). Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Steve

Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Received 6,313 Likes on 5,500 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Good to have you with us.
The car looks good, head on over to the tech section if you have any questions or just want to chat XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 AM
GGG
Received 16,856 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Steve,

The XJR does look in fantastic condition.

Follow Norri's link to the XJ350 section for help and advice on the proposed mods.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Please also visit the Australis / New Zealand Region section Australia / New Zealand - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,949 Posts

That is a really lovely colour; I haven't seen any like yours in the UK at all. As regards an LSD, the cars stability and traction control uses the rear brakes to stop wheel slip. Of course this means the rear brakes tend to not last very long !!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM

Cheers guys for your welcome. I've edited my signature.

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
As regards an LSD, the cars stability and traction control uses the rear brakes to stop wheel slip. Of course this means the rear brakes tend to not last very long !!
True, the traction control works to some extent but braking wheels while accelerating is not ideal. I just think an LSD would be a better solution!

The colour of the car is better in person, with a real green hue in sunlight.

Cheers,

Steve

Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Pumpkin.

We have an Italian member who was doing something with Quaife 'deuce2000' can't remember where he is up to.

Great looking car you have there.

The following users liked this post:
User 070620 (04-01-2020)
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 AM

Thanks Richard, I found his thread. There seems to be quite a few threads on LSDs for XKRs but not much regarding XJRs. I guess they are similar/identical though.

Cheers,

Steve

Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there Steve, welcome aboard, good to have you here with us here at JF

What a stunning looking ride you lucky devil.
Thanks for sharing the pics......

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features. Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................