New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

TEMP New Member...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011 | 06:58 PM
|
Default TEMP New Member...

I'm traveling to check out a 1954 Jaguar in a couple day's.

Can one of you fine persons tell me where any or ALL if the Identification places are on the car? I'm not familiar with Jaguars and I am wanting to make sure that it's correct.

No I have no clue what designation it is XJ SJ or whatever. Nobody has informed me.

I simply need to know the tricks to identify if the engine is original, and the Vin number locations so I can compare it to the title Etc...

Thanks folks!

Old 01-28-2011 | 10:17 PM
|

I was just told it's a 54 Jag XK... I have to fly to Victoria BC to verify this car and your help in looking for the Vin will be nice, although my client will be on the phone with me I'd still like a heads up on the ID portion.

Thanks,

Gary

Old 01-28-2011 | 10:55 PM
|

Just a little hint would be cool. Or maybe a link to a Classic Jag forum or site would also be wonderful

Gary

Old 01-29-2011 | 05:30 AM
Veteran Member

Hello, sorry I don't have a link but jag lovers org or www.motorcarsltd.com could help you out .
You can see on the main page Other Jaguar Models so check in that forum I think you could find something useful for you

The following users liked this post:
koolminx (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011 | 01:52 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard one of the friendliest sites around, good to have you with us
Please try jaglovers as they may be able to offer advice....good luck

Please check out the relevant section for your car, maybe the regional section too to see who's who in your area?
The Off topic section is a MUST to catch up with off the wall stuff, jokes etc......maybe post a pic into the Mug shot thread too?

I've manually upgraded you too full forum access so you can better view the site

Old 01-29-2011 | 02:29 PM
|

Much obliged Jim, I'll search until I find what I need. I have not photo's of this 54 Jaguar, and am taking the trip to inspect it, and I simply dont' know if there are any hidden Vin locations or whatnot to ID an original car.

Thanks for your quick support!

V/R

Gary

Old 01-30-2011 | 05:02 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard Gary, why temp new member? we kind of like to keep you, for a while at least. LOL

Anyhow, to help you with your identification the SNG Barratt parts catalogue download can show you what and where parts are located and will give you some indicators about numbering on these older XK Jags.

(I should now probably give myself a warning, but we don't get too many very old Jags).

Old 01-30-2011 | 11:07 AM
|

Well, I'm personally a Single cam inline six Ford kind of guy, and although I really appreciate the fine contours of all of the Jaguars made prior to 1965, but almost none since that date, they're seemingly out of my price range, and don't hold enough people for my tastes .

I'm a family guy (Giggity) and when I run around town I gotta take the kids, and they fit better in this--->

My sweet little wall of air pushing Falconaround.
Than they would in this ---->

If I were a lonesome dove, I'd take that XK and cruise the world! But taking Vacations in the Falconaround draws just as many eyes, and I can afford it and I get 26 MPG with it, so it's conomically sound for my pocket

I thank you and your site for welcoming me, as I've taken info from here and from another site someone pointed out and I have all the locations I need and identifiers and tag locations necessary to do this inspection for my clients customer.

Wish you a productive week ahead and a relaxing weekend to follow!

Regards,

koolminx