New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

triple dellortos

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default triple dellortos

good evening all...
I,ve joined the group in search of advice on the jetting and set up of triple dellortos. Not as you might expect for an xk 4.2, but rather for a much simpler motor, the chrysler valiant 265 ci . This engine in its "charger" derivative puts out about 280 hp with triple webers. However I have the 45mm dellortos and I remember my fathers jag had dellortos as well. So, it occured to me that there maybe someone amongst the jag fans who would remember the emulsions, jets etc for the 4.2 . So, is there a jag fan out there running dellortos?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 AM
GGG
Received 16,849 Likes on 12,184 Posts

Welcome to the forum moneypit,

That's an ominous forum name you've chosen!

All the 4.2 straight six models I had were on SU's but members here in search of more power are very likely to have gone Weber or Dellorto.

Follow this link XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJ6 Series I, II & III section or this one E type ( XK-E ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the E-Type section for help, advice and information.

You may also like to visit the Australia & new Zealand Region section by following this link Australia / New Zealand - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your part of the World.

Good luck with your Chrysler project and enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Received 351 Likes on 224 Posts

hey Invercargill man
have you tried various Chrysler/Mopar clubs in NZ?
plenty of Chargers around with triple side-draughts, so the expertise exists in NZ. there will be tuners out there that know what's needed for E38 and E49 specs, etc
or google a speedshop and ask them who the carb gurus are who could give you the info you need

try The NZ Mopar Forum - Index

V8 MOPAR Performance Motor Transmission Engine rebuilders Gearbox Tuning - West Auckland Engine Reconditioners - these guys do V8s but should know about hi-spec Hemis too
good luck

Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought it was only me and the moderator awake! ......as it turns out, I am also a member of the mopar forum as well, and you,d think this question was easy to answer there.But no, there is a lot of talk about webers (in particular) but not a word on dellorto. Nobody it would seem has the technical details of the jetting, emulsions and tubes that I need. My fathers jag went like a rocket on those dellortos, and the motors are similar in capacity and horse power, so here I am..and thanks for the lead on speed shop, I,ll be going there next.
thanks
les

Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Received 6,305 Likes on 5,493 Posts

Welcome to the forum moneypit,

Good to have you with us.
Hopefully someone will know
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mr Moneypit.

Not sure about triples, but check out Classic Lotus and MG. I had school friends who ran them.

Plus, Dellorto might be able to help you.

Good to see you.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................