New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

warranties-extended

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: warranties-extended

Yes,
Last year I called Jaguar directly to check on vin numbers. You can also just email them with the vin and they actually contacted me quite swiftly!

Old 10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Thanks. I have become friendly with the service manager at a local Jag dealer and he has been kind enough to check out some cars for me based on VIN number. Perhaps he can also check warranty status. By the way, I finally test drove a 2003 XKR and have a question or two that I will post in the XK8/XKR section.

Doug

Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Another extended warranty question. The dealer was offering an aftermarket warranty backed by Mercury Insurance but the price seemed steep ($3,800). I can get an extended warranty from my wife's credit union--it is a policy by Members Choice and even the Platinum version of this warranty is much much less than $3,800. I have had a Members Choice warranty in the past on other cars and it seemed to work out okay--the only annoyance is having to wait for the adjuster to approve the repair. Do any of you guys have advice on warranties and what a "fair" price might be?

Thanks,

Doug

Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

That does seems a little steep. It's a tough call on these warranty deals. Some are easy to work with and others it's like pulling teeth. Even within the same company! It is good to have the protection.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah its nice to have those warranties but many times the warranty companies not only make things hard for you but they make them impossible for the mechanic as well...so instead of him being mad at your car after bleeding he also now has to deal with the stupid adjuster in seeing if it can be fixed and than them telling the mechanic he isn't worth what he charges! My father in laws warranty (continental) told his mechanic how much he could charge them for labor...he told them 30 an hour...not sure how that equates but after that person pays their mechanic a price wonder how the shop makes money? Anyways 3800 sounds about what everyone wanted to charge me...my credit union said the same price as the gmc dealer I bought my car from...

Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: new gal

Welcome aztex...just curious did you mean to post this in a different area? If not what I'd try doing is either posting in the off-topic section or in either this x-type section and make your own new post about winterizing if I were you. Good luck with the acquisition of your new car!
Not sure what to do as far as winterizing as I've never been able to do that to a car!