New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Waves Hello from Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Waves Hello from Wisconsin

After lurking here for a few days I decided to become a member. I have to admit I usually feel more comfortable lurking than posting since I really don't have anything to offer. I hope I can come up with enough to say to make the 10 post minimum to become a full member.

Where to start....Ok, Let's see, first off I'll introduce myself. My name is Robin and I am a Leaper Lover. I am currently in Snowy Wisconsin and live in Las Vegas.

I began the romance with my 2007 Xtype sport, traded that for my 2010 XF and yesterday I bought my 1999 XK8 convertible with 33,135 miles on it. I took my Jag XF in for detailing at the dealership and saw it. They had just acquired it from an estate sale. So I told myself I was buying it for my husband's birthday in a few weeks but let's face it..it's MY car. Oh, I will let him drive it of course..lol. The convertible is going to our home in Las Vegas next month. I lurked the forums for 2 days prior to closing the deal to see what problems I may encounter with this car and I learned alot. This knowledge helped me greatly in negotiating the final price. I have so much still to learn.

I do have photos but they were taken in the dealership to send to the hubs. They are nothing glamorous. I will get some better ones posted as soon as the snow clears.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Robin,

You've offered a great Intro for a start.

You probably already know the tech sections from your reading here but if not, follow this link XF and XFR ( X250 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XF section and this one XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' threads at the top of each is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You may also like to visit the US Mid West Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-west-us-il-ia-mi-mn-mo-oh-wi-39/ and this one Western US - AK CA NV OR UT HI WA ID - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the US Western Region section to find other members in your regions.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, Robin and thanks for the interesting intro.
Don't worry if you're not the World's greatest Jaguar expert - we(re all hee to learn.
Important to check the timing chain tensioners have been replaced on the XK8 or the engine can commit harakiri.
Follow Graham's advice and enjoy your membership here.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Hi Robin,
Welcome to the friendliest forum around, with lots of knowledgeable people in case things go slightly wrong.

Sneaky that, buying a car for your husband and then keeping it for yourself,
I'm sure he will be pleased.

Enjoy the car and the forum.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

welcome to the forum Robin - great intro and I'm sure you and hubby will enjoy the xk8. The forum is a great place for useful info - as other members have said - best tool in a jag owner's tool box.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Welcome to the forum Robin,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Hi Robin:
Well, welcome 'officially' to the club - although, already owning Jaguars, it sounds like you've been a member for quite some time! I bring greetings from Wisconsin and the "Midwest Region" of the forum. You are welcome to join us over there at any time; although it sounds to me like you may only work here and live in Las Vegas? In any event, you are most welcome in both places!
Cheers,
Scott

Old 03-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there Robin and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Great intro thanks for sharing.
One thing about JF - Although we like to be considered a technical car forum, we're alos a car enthusiats site who likes to promote a "family" type atmosphere.

Please join in the fun side and have a littlle banter....it goes a long way andwe're a friendly group.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................