New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

We got our first Jag :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011 | 01:58 PM
|
Smile We got our first Jag :)

Yep at 40 I have finally achieved to buy my 1st Jag, OK its not an E type but it does have the Jaguar on the grille. Some people try to tell me its a fancy Mondeo, I tell them its a Jag, some people laugh, some stand and admire but it is a Jag so I guess thats OK.
To be honest it is an 06 X type AWD V6 Estate with a Gas conversion on an auto box, and as Im sure you have worked out I am over the moon .................................................. ........
then I read some reviews ................................ its not a particularly loved car and everyone has some bad experiance or other from a rear light that refused to work to "T" boxes howling and failing !!!!
Is it all bad news and lots of money I wonder, ......... well watch this space and see how I get on

Old 12-01-2011 | 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

No, it's a load of Horlicks!

Any forum is by default a trouble shooting environment.

Read the X Type section and you will see that the guys love their cars.

Old 12-01-2011 | 03:16 PM

Welcome to the forum,

It's true, forums are always full of guys with problems, the others are driving!

Old 12-01-2011 | 03:53 PM
Smile x type like a mondeo

Its quite laughable when folk say a jag is a fancy mondeo,these folk must be dellusional as i work on both and have owned both.
Yes they share mechanicals coz the people making them always do that,

I sometimes think people making these comments have a tint of jealosy.

have to say this a great site

Old 12-01-2011 | 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nitros44
Its quite laughable when folk say a jag is a fancy mondeo,these folk must be dellusional as i work on both and have owned both.
Yes they share mechanicals coz the people making them always do that,

I sometimes think people making these comments have a tint of jealosy.

have to say this a great site
forgot to mention to those people the jag is fair superior to a mondeo

Old 12-01-2011 | 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard JF Mick, good to have you with us .....nice intro, thanks for sharing.
That'll be another Welshman on the site then....lol

I hope we can help you out in future and feel sure you'll give back when you can.

Lovin the X type, hasd an 02 myself, the AWD rocks.
The X type section is one of the best sections , with great guys, good info and help whenever you need it more or less 24/7

For those that diss the Jaguar and say its a glorified Mondeo? They share around 20% commonality of parts iirc mostly running gear, thats all.....the rest is ALL Jaaaaaag!
Just in case I forget to add....the techs here ROCK
Hope you enjoy your time here..... Nice ride btw ......Pics would be good!!!!!

If you like forums, I think you'll like it here! Some of the best guys around and a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.

Old 12-01-2011 | 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome Mick. Some of us were even older than 40 when we got our first Jag. Can't stop people from being jealous, can we?

The following users liked this post:
Mick1971 (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011 | 02:52 AM
|

Thanks all for the warm welcome, feel however I should point out that I am in fact English and have moved west for the love of a good woman and my Jag Kay will post from time to time and add pictures as and when she has some new ones as she loves the Jag as much as I do. The unfortunate thing is that I work abroad for 12 weeks at a time and only get to use the Jag when home........ I am sure family wont let her sit idle though
I will also say having browsed through only a small proportion of the forums what a fantastic site you have here, cant wait to get some me time and browse through the rest of the site
Again thank you for the warm welcome and I will add posts and notes as things progress.