New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Why did i have to go and buy 2 old jags?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 03:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why did i have to go and buy 2 old jags?

Im new here hoping to be interactive and learn alot. Im very familiar with forums and i like to chat hoping to meet some people to talk about these interesting cars, if theres any special rules here i need to know about please send me a link to the thread

I bought my first XJ6 back in early '21 with less than 0 knowledge about them whatsoever, had a fun surprise when i found out it had a chevy I6!! that lasted about two weeks then later in the year i decided to buy another one with the knowledge i gained from the previous one and it didn't benefit me one bit one has a catacomb for a fuel system and the other is the son of Frankenstein im sure someone here feels my pain!

Think i added a few pictures if you want to check them out, im the mean time ill go browse around! Cheers

Old 07-03-2022, 04:18 AM
Received 4,052 Likes on 2,909 Posts

Welcome aboard…..best read the stickies at the top of the page.

Old 07-03-2022, 04:58 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums LotusXJ6,

Good to have you with us.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-i-ii-iii-16/ to the XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues. You can also use the US Northwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-northwest-64/ to find other members in your region.

Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 07-03-2022, 07:13 AM
Received 4,331 Likes on 3,741 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

Old 07-03-2022, 08:25 AM
Received 6,355 Likes on 5,533 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums LotusXJ6,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 07-03-2022, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,463 Likes on 5,466 Posts

"Why did I have to go and buy 2 old Jags?"
Because you were Smitten by their colossal beauty, that's why!

I'm sorry you've been disappointed in both your new Jags, but by now they are Decades old and doubtless in need of some real tender loving care.

The section where Graham has directed you will help you wrap your head around all the Idiotsyncracies of these Wonderful cars. I'll look for you there.

Welcome to the forums form ElinorB.
(';')

Old 07-03-2022, 10:15 AM
Received 10,583 Likes on 6,991 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

I look at the lack of boredom in your foreseeable future.

Enjoy.

Old 07-03-2022, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone! This has been pretty huge jump for me seeing as i have been into camrys for the last 8 years, engine swaps, harnesses, rebuilds, trans.. they are simple and very cheap and reliable (and fun). when i found out i could get an old jag for the same price and less i couldnt say no the minute i sat in one! it really takes me to a whole nother time. I really enjoy old cheap cars and cant deny the beauty but it would be a lie if i said i didnt under estimate the rate things stop working.

In the last two days my fuel changeover switch exploded) and the brake master cylinder finally went out in a car wash (that was fun!) (can i use anything else for the switch?)

Im also from the PNW seattle area if anyone local likes to tinker on these things and earn some extra cash or anyone knows a mechanic. i cant count how many times ive been told to "bring it on down" so they can check it out just to tell me to take it back home the next day one reason or another, as someone who never takes their car to the mechanic having to suck it up and take it down to one just to be told off after wasting a tow truck or a full tank of leaking gas is super disheartening.

Old 07-04-2022, 02:24 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by LotusXJ6
.....In the last two days my fuel changeover switch exploded) and the brake master cylinder finally went out in a car wash (that was fun!) (can i use anything else for the switch?)

Im also from the PNW seattle area if anyone local likes to tinker on these things and earn some extra cash or anyone knows a mechanic. .....
Follow the links in my post #3 to post questions:
1. TECHNICAL questions - post in the MODEL forum
2. GEOGRAPHICAL questions (such as recommended mechanics in your locality) - post in the REGION forum.

Graham

Old 07-05-2022, 01:00 AM
Received 6,327 Likes on 4,370 Posts

Welcome to the forums.