New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

XJ12 Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XJ12 Down Under

Hi everyone.
I've just joined the Jaguar by purchasing a 1977 series 2 XJ12.
Got it at a really good price but it does need a little bit of work, not too much. I'm hoping I'll be able to get plenty of tips and advice from this forum to do most of the work myself.

The car itself has been in storage for the past 9 years and has not been started in that time so I'm going to start by changing all of the fluids, replace the plugs & plug leads, get the injectors serviced and see what happens from there.

It did run quite well before apparently because the previous owner drove it regulary and drove it into the shed 9 years ago so there shouldn't be a lot of issues there..

The first thing I've noticed that does need attention is the fuel delivery system in the boot. It appears to have had all of the valves between the tanks bypassed for some reason and there are hoses going everywhere so I would like to get a diagram of how it is meant to be and put it back to how it should be..

I know I'm going to love this car so I look forward to chatting to fellow Jagwegions on here.

Cheers.

Andy..

Name:  Jag001.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  85.4 KB

Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Andy,

Looks a good example. Better condition than mine was in back in 1982!

Follow this link XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III section for help, advice and information. It's the place to post your tech questions.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Australia / New Zealand Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/australia-new-zealand-51/ to find other members in your part of the World.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Andy.

She looks sweet, proper bumpers, steering wheel on the correct side, great looking condition.

We've got some great members in OZ, try to hook up with Grant Francis, although I'm sure he will stroll by.

Good to see you.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Received 6,327 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Welcome to the forum Andy,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Received 10,520 Likes on 6,949 Posts

Welcome.

Good to see a REAL JAGUAR.

V12 is a MUST at least once in any man's lifetime. I have had 5, so my time on this planet will be for a very long time. HAHA.

Somewhere in all my stuff there will be a diagram of that mess of hoses in the boot, and when I find it I will post it up, dont hold your breath, it will not happen overnight, but it will happen.

The following users liked this post:
kimandy (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks Grant..

I'm not in any big hurry. Just want to take my time and get everything right on it.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi & welcome aboard Andy, Its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.

nice intro, nice Jag, thanks for sharing.......

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................