New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

XJ40XKR Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XJ40XKR Spoiler

Hi guys, im brand new to this forum 'malarky' as I'm a bit of a loan wolf however I have an issue which I simply cannot seem to find info over. I have recently purchased an unused as new rear spoiler. I checked the part number which is stamped in the spoiler and cross referenced it with the JLR heritage site and it did show up as being the correct spoiler which was available as an optional extra on this model. The actual item listed is no longer available however there is a comprehensive breakdown of the parts that are required with the item, uprated gas struts, screws washers, sealing gaskets etc. Now the spoiler available did not have any of the items required to fit however I was happy to deal with that aspect and have the gas rams uprated once I had weighed the downforce of the boot lid with the spoiler fitted, but non of this needs to be addressed, that's all straight forward. This is the issue. Upon arrival and offering up the spoiler to the boot lid, something is not right. The edge to edge of the spoiler is in line with the rear quarters however the outer mounting platforms (there are three) have a short fall of approx 5 - 7mm once the centre support makes contact with the boot lid. Thinking the fitting kit may have been the answer I went back to the site to scrutinise it however there is nothing additional that would be considered as an ' extension piece' to compensate this shortfall and using logic, why would there be? Jaguar would have clearly made this item to fit properly. I've studied the few pictures available on the web of the spoiler but cant quite figure what's going on with the item I've received. It doesn't appear to have been altered. The captive threads in each leg are intact and the spoiler although dusty and a bit marked, reflects the fact that it is new. The car is a J plate XJ40XJR the part number is spb1194. This one has got me baffled and with limited info about this particular part I would appreciate your input. I know some of the purists may ask as to why I want to fit the spoiler, so to answer that in advance here's the following. I don't want to increase the down force (as it wont) I don't want to be part of the cast of the fast and the furious, I don't want the car to be anything more or less than it is oe ever was however I spotted this item and after researching it I realised that its a bit rare and one of the few options available after TWR had done their thing on the car. Not to everyone's taste I know hence they didn't sell in their droves however personally I think they look quite nice in the two pictures I have found of them fitted. Hopefully you guys can help.

Old 03-27-2023, 02:45 PM
Received 3,944 Likes on 2,850 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 03-28-2023, 03:14 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums moznotwoz,

Good to have you with us.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/ to the XJ40 forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues. You can also use the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-eire-68/ to find other members in your region.

Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 03-28-2023, 03:21 AM
Received 10,483 Likes on 6,922 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 03-28-2023, 06:05 AM
Received 4,283 Likes on 3,702 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Old 03-28-2023, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,224 Likes on 5,394 Posts

Hello,
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 03-28-2023, 10:12 AM
Received 6,310 Likes on 5,497 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums moznotwoz,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help