New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

XK8 in Atlanta, GA - new guy to the Jaguar Forum!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XK8 in Atlanta, GA - new guy to the Jaguar Forum!

Hey everyone,
just dropping in to say hello from Roswell, GA (north Atlanta), I'm a FNG here!

I purchased my first Jaguar XK8 about 4 years ago. Having always adored them on the road when we saw them, my wife and I finally hand picked ours as our "Sunday cruiser."

Needless to say, it has been an on again, off again love affair with her (the car, not my wife!)

Having searched this forum once before - when I had the dreaded hydraulic latch failure for my convertible top happen (my first "holy crap" experience with my XK8)
I recognized this as a fantastic forum filled with every level of enthusiast, all with the common love for their Leaper!

With spring just around the corner, I'm starting to get the itch to get mine out of the garage very soon, and look forward to swapping experiences and quirks with you all.

Thanks for letting me be here everyone.
Cheers!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

great time to join up Skip! welcome to the group...officially! If you didn't know as of yet, Nalley Jag in Roswel, GA is a forum sponsor (joined us in 2010) and offers a special parts pricing discount to forum members, ask for Dan in parts. They almost always whip the other internet prices I've had to track down...and you're local.

Jump right in!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the info & warm welcome Matt!

Yup, Nalley Jag in Roswell knows my car - they came to my aid when I had hydraulic fluid gushing out of the top's latch area! Their service manager Pete Alverez is the man.

Thanks again, and glad to be here!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Received 6,313 Likes on 5,500 Posts

Welcome Skiplap,

It certainly is almost time for the convertible.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Skip: You're fortunate to be so close to some of the premiere mountain roads in the U.S. for sports cars and motorcycles--NE GA and Western NC. I bought my 09 XK8 to drive to our RV in Helen. There's scarcely a pothole or gravel road in all of NE Georgia--and the smoothest pavement anywhere. Try Tallulah River Road north of Lake Burton for sheer wilderness.

I cannot wait for the weather to break--and we'll be back in the mountains the first of March. We left Lawrenceville 7 years ago for a life on the Tennessee River--where our only rush hour is at the boat ramps at Wednesday and Friday night bass tournaments.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Hello, why not drop by off topic for fun or check in other forums for other cool things you wanna know
Happy driving

Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 AM

Thanks again everyone!

@Bamaman, I'll look into planning a Tallulah River Road/ NE GA drive for sure, I appreciate the awesome suggestion! We've taken her up into some of the northern Georgia roads around some of the beautiful lakes & you are absolutely right, great scenery and driving experience.

Cheers!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Hello Skip and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
kes

hello i'm also new to the site and found it very helpful. my 2000 xk8 is pulled apart now for the leaking hose. hope to have it done this weekend.