New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

XKR 2011 remapping / delimit advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XKR 2011 remapping / delimit advice

Hi Everyone

Just joined and looking for some advice. recently bought a 2011 XKR (standard supercharged convertible 5.0 model) and looking for someone to remap for a little more power AND to delimit the car from the 155mph.

I know the Speed model has the same power output but has the top speed limit increased to 175mph so it must be possible. Does anyone have experience of someone who can do both and safely in and around the London area (also preferably not visible to dealers).

Any information greatly appreciated.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM
GGG
Received 16,856 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Congratulations on the XKR - please tell me where I can drive at 155 mph in Middlesex and still keep my driving licence.

The section for your model is XK / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum but you'll find some interesting information and contacts on the earlier XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section for extending the upper limits.

Graham

Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Received 6,313 Likes on 5,500 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
Follow Grahams links and you should get some good info.

You should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the reply but no intention of doing the speed anywhere on the road :-)

Intending to visit the Nurburgring (again for a track day, did one with an SLK55AMG last year where I did 170+ on the main straight) and also doing some max speed runs on Vmax type events on closed runways etc.

Any links to tuners would be most welcome.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Athur...
I'm in Middlesex too.
I've just been recommended to a place in Uxbridge by someone on my Audi Forums, but i'm yet to check them out.
I've just bought a Daimler Super V8 (=XJR) and want to remap it, so perhaps we could get a group discount going?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:13 AM

Hi LunarWolf

Who is the company in Uxbridge ?
Form what I have gathered, Jags are difficult to work on as Jag does not really want people messing about with the ECUs. I'll check them out and advise if you let me know the name and ask if they'll do a discount

Thanks
Athar

Originally Posted by LunarWolf
Hey Athur...
I'm in Middlesex too.
I've just been recommended to a place in Uxbridge by someone on my Audi Forums, but i'm yet to check them out.
I've just bought a Daimler Super V8 (=XJR) and want to remap it, so perhaps we could get a group discount going?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 AM
GGG
Received 16,856 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by athar_q
Thanks for the reply but no intention of doing the speed anywhere on the road :-)

Intending to visit the Nurburgring (again for a track day, did one with an SLK55AMG last year where I did 170+ on the main straight) and also doing some max speed runs on Vmax type events on closed runways etc.

Any links to tuners would be most welcome.
This must be getting very popular. My insurance renewal policy this year specifically added a clause excluding any cover if driven on the Nurburgring!

You made a comment about modifications being 'invisible from the dealer'. This must be concerns about invalidating warranty? It might be worthwhile putting the question on the General Tech section to see what the Jaguar Techs on the forum have to say. It's possible the dealer's Jaguar WDS (World Diagnostic System) can detect any remap.

Graham

Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Good to see you.

Head into the XKR section for your year, although being invisible might be stretching things and in any case you will have to notify your UK insurance company about performance mods.

The following users liked this post:
athar_q (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 PM

People, appreciate the time taken to reply, BUT I don't need advice about insurance companies and advising them on modifications, have done this on many cars and know all the things I should and will do. I also took out separate track day insurance for doing the Nurburgring track day.......

I don't mean to sound ungrateful....but this is not what I'm asking.

What I need is information on Jaguar tuners as this is my first Jaguar and hence don't know the right people.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Done some more research today having got some time and for those others looking, the following are the best Jag tuners currently offering good quality upgrades in performance:

- ETG
- Paramount Performance
- Vezu

Enjoy....

The following users liked this post:
azureyes (03-13-2014)