DENSO SatNav GPS Upgrade Disks for Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts
Default DENSO SatNav GPS Upgrade Disks for Jaguar

Greetings folks, and here is a heads-up for those with modern SatNav fitted Jaguars . . .

Rather than separate posts in each Oz State, NZ and model forums, I will settle for this and another in NZ forum . . . it may be old news to some, but unexpected and welcome when I discovered it.

Jaguar Australia have partnered with TomTom ANZ to supply all future Australia & New Zealand SatNav GPS Map Upgrade Disks for the Denso units fitted to the following Jaguar models . . .

The latest updates Aus24 and NZ13 are now available for these models :
  • Jaguar S-Type (all models; all years)
  • Jaguar X-Type (all models; all years)
  • Jaguar XJ (2003 to 2009)
Version Aus22 and NZ11 are now available for these models :
  • Jaguar F-Type (2014 to 2016)
  • Jaguar XJ (2010 to 2016)
  • Jaguar XF (2012 to 2015)
Version Aus20 and NZ9 is available for these models :
  • Jaguar XK (2006 to 2015)
  • Jaguar XF (2008 to 2011)

Prices are listed for Aus & NZ buyers and far cheaper than the former Jaguar/Whereis offerings . . . however, thanks to a further 40% discount currently, these disks ship currently at about one third the former Jaguar price. Those I have purchased, cost AU$117 each, but no indication how long these discounts will apply.

Here is the link <https://jaguar.navshop.com.au/default.asp>

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
ChrisMills (06-15-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 PM
Received 277 Likes on 213 Posts

Thanks! Just purchased NZ13 for my XJ and will report when I get it.
Although I knew about this, last weekend my Jag with "self-navigation" took me on a tour of the countryside from Westgate to Kumeu, when there's a bloody great motorway! So your reminder caught me whilst agitated.
Tour of the Countryside? It was quite nice really. There was grass and cows and sheep 'n everything.

cat_as_trophy (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 02:21 AM
Veteran Member

Well done Chris,

Parallel to your experience, I was motivated by the opposite . . . touring comfortably up our national #1 divided motorway, while trusty (?) SatNav had me smashing though Farmer Joe's paddocks many Km away from what used to be the highway! This MY06 X-Type is a fairly recent addition (another bargain I couldn't refuse) and the SatNav upgrade has been last on my 'to do' list. Found my disk version was Aus Ver10, whereas latest is Ver23.

When disks were AU$300 - $350, annual upgrades were commonly bypassed. Decided it's crazy living with 15yo maps when, for a third that price, Jaguar Australia now offers a pathway to regular updates by TomTom ANZ (that bank linkup was a surprise also).

Chris, can I suggest you do a version to version report for your fellow Kiwis once you have upgraded, and post it in this thread . . . and I will do same for Aussies and post to my thread in NSW regional forum.

Cheers mate,

Old 06-29-2021, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMills
Thanks! Just purchased NZ13 for my XJ and will report when I get it.
Hi again Chris . . . and any others using new GPS map disks.
New disks come with no instructions nor warnings . . . and there is a critical update process to be followed.

Suggest you see my update post (today) in NSW Regional forum.
Best wishes,
Ken

ChrisMills (06-29-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 01:39 AM

Unfortunately that's too risky for me. Not just whether the updated operating system for Tomtom maps works, but whether it's approved software for other stuff like a/c.

Tomtom say they are approved by Jaguar, which is quite different from it being Jaguar OEM.

When it arrives, I think I'll offer it for 1/2price, or use it as a coaster or something.

Cheers anyway. There's enough potential problems without THAT.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:06 AM
Veteran Member

Perhaps I have not made it clear, or you have misunderstood what I thought was quite clear . . .

These are the genuine OEM disks as supplied via Jaguar LandRover Australia's NavShop. Jaguar do not do their own GPS mapping. For years, in Aust & NZ, JLRA contracted with Whereis to produce their disks. Whereis was bought out some years ago by TomTom ANZ, who have, and still do, hold the contract to supply Jaguar. Not sure where you get the impression this is some sort of fly-by-night gig.

The website is <https://jaguar.navshop.com.au> and their 'About Us' link offers this . . . "TomTom ANZ Pty Ltd is authorised by Jaguar Land Rover Australia to sell Navigation Map updates on their behalf for the territory of Australia and New Zealand." Sounds clear to me . . .

As to risk . . . I have pointed out in my NSW post, that even if you do something really daft like I did by interrupting the firmware loading, it will simply resume when you next turn on the ignition to run the system update process . . . again, as I pointed out in my post. Then it works perfectly!

I have no affiliation with either JLRA or TomTom ANZ. I'm just a very satisfied customer. Of course you are entitled, and must make your own decisions as to risk, but my response here is based on two facts . . . (1) you will not be getting any Aus/NZ updates from anywhere other than JLRA's authorised agents . . . and (2) it is important to reassure others here that your inferences, while justifiable to you, are unfounded.

In the meantime, I am back on roads . . . lots of new roads . . . rather than driving through paddocks.

Best wishes,
Ken

Old 08-20-2021, 07:47 PM

OK, so I upgraded to NZ13! Preparation involved watching Shot Castle Bravo a couple of times, can't be worse than that.

So I inserted the new disk and... nothing happened!, by which I mean the map version updated fine but there was no "update process".
My upgrade was from R18_V7 to R24_V13, which apparently did not need to update the operating system. All good.
For reference: 2008 XJ (X358) Jap Import (with NZ Nav previously installed).

I don't mean to picky, but we're now in lockdown so what was the point of upgrading the Nav?
Cheers, Chris

Last edited by ChrisMills; 08-20-2021 at 07:57 PM.