Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Classic Auto Show at Orange County Fair Grounds

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,582 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Default Classic Auto Show at Orange County Fair Grounds

Last weekend the Classic Auto Show was held at the Orange County Fair Grounds in Costa Mesa. All the "heavy hitters" from the Velocity TV Channel were there and hundreds if not thousands of cars. I decided to chance driving the 60 miles or so in my Pantera to display it there. This was its first ride of more than a few miles since its restoration/modification, and I was nervous that something would go wrong and leave me stranded on the 405 freeway. But I made there and back with no issues, and the show turnout was huge. Upon arriving I happened to pull in directly behind another Pantera, and after waiting in a long line of entering cars, a woman who apparently was involved with the organizers of the event dame up to the two of us and said that we had beautiful cars that she wanted us to move into one of the main pavilions and to follow her in. Both of us had originally been scheduled to be in the hot sun in an outdoor parking lot. It was a fun and interesting day with tons of great cars and events. And more importantly, I made it home without the car overheating or breaking down. It went a long way to giving me more confidence in driving the red cat. I couldn't attend the second day, but still had a great time.