Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

LOOK WHAT CHASED ME DOWN TODAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,009 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  19.3 KB

"WhiteSTR - See the 700+hp car in the sig below this post.. I already have some. Where are yours?"

Jeesh Eric, I'd happily settle for half that, you greedy bugger

Old 10-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whiteSTR
See the 700+hp car in the sig below this post.. I already have some. Where are yours?
Don't edit my work again. I'll remove it myself, and he deserves an infraction as well for asking me 'where mine are'.

Last edited by CarSmartNot; 10-25-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Ok guys, calm down please

Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by CarSmartNot
Don't edit my work again. I'll remove it myself, and he deserves an infraction as well for asking me 'where mine are'.
As a moderator, I am allowed to edit whatever post(s) I deem necessary for the health and well being of our forum . You're reply was not witty nor humorous, and i found your response about whiteSTR's girlfriend inappropriate. You got my PM, please read it again.

I think we can let this thread end, how 'bout it.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h20boy
As a moderator, I am allowed to edit whatever post(s) I deem necessary for the health and well being of our forum . You're reply was not witty nor humorous, and i found your response about whiteSTR's girlfriend inappropriate. You got my PM, please read it again.

Actually no, I'll be forwarding your little 'infraction' to another admin to review, as it was un-just, and if anything he should get an infraction as well for asking me 'where my ***** are', which is completely inappropriate.

Don't ever try to flex on me to make yourself look strong.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 25

Originally Posted by CarSmartNot
Actually no, I'll be forwarding your little 'infraction' to another admin to review, as it was un-just, and if anything he should get an infraction as well for asking me 'where my ***** are', which is completely inappropriate.

Don't ever try to flex on me to make yourself look strong.
Just so you know carsmart, it was I who edited your post, which was totally inappropriate. I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and leave it there, at the time.

WhiteSTR is a good member of long standing and well respected here and your comments were neither witty / humourous or deserved.
H20 as a moderator is quite within his rights to warn you as he did and I will back him on this.
Its up to you, but please choose carefully as attitude like that towards mods won't be tolerated here upsetting the balance of what is usually a calm, friendly n welcoming place to be.

The following users liked this post:
StephanWolf (12-03-2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

On a nice note......I find myself reminiscing of Calloway twin turbo Grand Sports when I see that car

Old 02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

That car is a beast! Not much is going to pass that car.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is a very ugly spoiler especially for a vette.. us kids always ruin beautiful cars

Old 07-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar6286
Ooh! I hate it when you pull your car up too far and it scrapes the curb!!
lol my step dad used to do that EVERY time he parked and he wouldnt stop until his front tires hit the curb lol

Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a beast of a car lol.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

It would seem that Eric went off to another direction. The Corvette was a real beast, but I wonder how Eric's Duster would match up? It had 700+hp and assuming he wanted to put it on grenade status, probably in the 800+hp range. Still would fall under the "adequate" category.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Dang, I usually don't like corvettes but this one looks great! And I'm sure those turbos are making some good power.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by h20boy

As a woman on this forum, I say thank you for stepping up. It is hard enough tolerating most avatars and jokes on male-dominated automotive forums, but I refuse to give up my "hobby" just because some males cannot always maintain control of their manners.

Next time you want to say something degrading/insulting about a woman, first try pretending that woman is your little sister...

And yes, the car very much reminds me of the famous Calloway and Greenwood TT Corvettes. I can't even imagine how much that thing costs to insure...

Old 11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Hi WldCat, rest assured that we do work to protect our members. OK sometimes there is going to be some innuendo or stereotypical reference.

But any direct, degrading, or insulting remarks of any description, are just not tolerated on this forum.

The person in question in the quote was spoken to, and has not been seen since Jan.

We certainly want to extend a welcome to all our female members, in the hope that we can attract more, and that they do not feel intimidated, degraded, or threatened in what is historically a male orientated domain.

My Grandmother used to quote William of Wykeham 'Manners maketh man', still applies today.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 23

+1 on above....we strive to keep this as friendly and welcoming a place to visit as possible for all members.
Its unfortunate that we don't have as many female members as males, but stereotypically it tends to be a more male dominated environment as you say wldcat, and thats probably unlikely to change anytime soon.
There are however certain boundaries and rules that we try to abide by as much as possible for the beneft of all concerned.
You've been a member here for just over 3 years and keep coming back, as do twojags and various other female members, so hopefully we're doing something right!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WldCat
As a woman on this forum, I say thank you for stepping up. It is hard enough tolerating most avatars and jokes on male-dominated automotive forums, but I refuse to give up my "hobby" just because some males cannot always maintain control of their manners.

Next time you want to say something degrading/insulting about a woman, first try pretending that woman is your little sister...

And yes, the car very much reminds me of the famous Calloway and Greenwood TT Corvettes. I can't even imagine how much that thing costs to insure...
Hi Diane,

How do you like trying to get in and out of Rosenthal Jaguar these days? With the construction going on the whole Tyson's Corner area is a disaster area. I normally go out to Chantilly Jaguar for parts and service. They seem a lot more laid back plus it's an easier drive for me.

If you ever get out in the Route 50 area, there is a British Pantry tea shop about 5 miles past the airport. There used to be a British repair shop there but it went out of business. It's on Route 50 (John Mosby Hwy) and State Route 600 on the south side of the intersection. Try Google Maps for a satellite view of it.

Mike

Old 12-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, I've been by the British Pantry many times -- at one point I lived down the street neary (but not in) South Riding. There used to always be a small collection of various British cars parked out front, but I don't see them there anymore.

Rosenthal is a PITA to get to/from, but I live by Rts. 123/7 so I consider several options when planning how best to get there, depending on time of day. I have good relationships with two service reps there, they take very good care of me.

I admit I haven't been by the Chantilly location but since I frequent Costco out that way (and Blue Ridge Arsenal!!), I really should stop in and check out their facility sometime...

Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WldCat
Yes, I've been by the British Pantry many times -- at one point I lived down the street neary (but not in) South Riding. There used to always be a small collection of various British cars parked out front, but I don't see them there anymore.

Rosenthal is a PITA to get to/from, but I live by Rts. 123/7 so I consider several options when planning how best to get there, depending on time of day. I have good relationships with two service reps there, they take very good care of me.

I admit I haven't been by the Chantilly location but since I frequent Costco out that way (and Blue Ridge Arsenal!!), I really should stop in and check out their facility sometime...
Diane,

Rosenthal Jaguar and Chantilly Jaguar are owned by the same company so they should be able to access your vehicle's history at either location.

That small collection of old British cars was owned by the repair shop as I recall. There were mostly Jaguars, but also had a Rolls-Royce, a Bentley and some MGs.

Mike

Old 12-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

Lol that is the most hideous vette i've seen in a while.

Quick Reply: LOOK WHAT CHASED ME DOWN TODAY!!