Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Why do people driving Chrysler 300's think they're in a Bentley?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

I found one that is worse. 300Cs that think they're Rolls Royces. Check out the company crest and the ever-popular Lambo doors. It even comes the complete works of Lil Wayne.

Attached Thumbnails Why do people driving Chrysler 300's think they're in a Bentley?-frnt_lfsm_2_.jpg  

Last edited by Cadillac; 11-06-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Its unfortunate how cars can get some pretty bad stereotypes (although many are fairly accurate). I still hear people talking about how unreliable Jaguar's are. They still have that wildly outdated stereotype of all the complaints about reliability they used to have. I am aware that some modern Jags are having a few problems, but nothing compared to the good 'ol days!

Old 11-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by carelm
I found one that is worse. 300Cs that think they're Rolls Royces. Check out the company crest and the ever-popular Lambo doors. It even comes the complete works of Lil Wayne.
It looks like a Rolls Royce concept car. Just put some stock RR rims on it, and the suicide doors, make it slightly more outrageous (like most concept cars). However, this isn't the first time I've seen that brand of 300 on the internet.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

300=image and a bad one at that IMO.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Around here we see quite a few Bentleys, (they factory is about 3 miles from our house), yet every time a 300C passes us in the opposite direction, she says "is that a Bentley" !!!

Mind you when I had a Rover 75, people said "that's a nice Jaguar, what model is it ?" Of course the Rover 75 was not exported to the US so most forum members will have never seen one.

Crewe hun ? home of Bentley ... my Mecca

Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Billodavio, I have been on a factory visit at 'Bentley Motors'. My first thought was it was cleaner than the hospital a mile away !!

Funny thing is all the bodies are made in Germany and trucked in overnight. I believe VAG use the factory built to build the VW Phaeton which have been like lead balloons in the European car market.
Good second hand buy though, with the heavy Year 1 depreciation of 50% !!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Billodavio, I have been on a factory visit at 'Bentley Motors'. My first thought was it was cleaner than the hospital a mile away !!

Funny thing is all the bodies are made in Germany and trucked in overnight. I believe VAG use the factory built to build the VW Phaeton which have been like lead balloons in the European car market.
Good second hand buy though, with the heavy Year 1 depreciation of 50% !!

Fraser, I have been to Crewe three times as Bentley are my clients. They advertise in my media in the Middle East (no direct advertising however but thru press releases). I am also close to the CEO Dr. Poefkin and few other managers, marketing and designers at Bentley and Mulliner (modification daughter company). Bentley has become after VW a German standard quality car with the introduction of the Quatro technology of Audi (all wheel drive) and Bosch electricity instead of Jaeger and the chassis of Phaeton + the 12 cylinder engine. Both Phaeton and Bentley Flying Spur are built in Dresden, Germany (I visited 2 years ago) another hospital clean factory (nicknamed the glass factory) as you could see the cars being produced by walking the assemply line from outside the factory. 2 lanes are assembling Bentley and Phaeton in parallel. With Bentley, Audi A8 I still don't know why they need a 150K dollars Volkswagen (car of the people). You pay a fortune and you end up hearing the valley saying ... your Passat is ready sir (although it is probably Germany's best car). Will have to go to Manchester sometimes in February and would try to drive to Crewe. My dream is to be able to work there for a month or so as a trainee ....

Old 04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by h20boy
I have to see a pic of this...
Nah. I wanna see a picture of that as much as I want to see a picture of a dump someone took.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Because the only place the've seen bentleys is in a magazine!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ16er
Yes it does.

On another though I seen many Hyundai Genesis sedans running around with Bentley logos. Anyone else see this?
I have seen alot of the new "equis" models with bently logs, amongst some other never before seen logos.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Seen a 300 with a Rolls Royce Phantom grill a few years back...just awful.

This guy went overboard with his 300

Old 12-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

The money he put into making his Chrysler 300 a fake Rolls-Royce he could have bought an older Silver Spirit perhaps even a Seraph.

Last edited by AJ16er; 12-08-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Reading this thread had a lot of highs and lows.

Simply put people purchased the Chrysler 300 because Ralph Giles and Chrysler were able to revive the product line. I was in the states on holiday and seen the 300C on tv as it was featured in a music video. I actually called BET to get the information as to what kind of vehicle it was. I excitedly waited until my other half walked into the room to inform her that I knew what our next sedan would be. We both watched it in the video.

Upon returning to the states a year later, I purchased a Brilliant Black 300C. I tried to source the vehicle in the city I was in but demand drove prices high--travelled an hour south and it was like taking candy from a baby.

Neither my spouse, nor I, chose this car because we wanted Bentley "knock-offs" Up North the cars were few and in between, down South they are at every turn. Will I keep my Brilliant Black Beauty--yes! FYI-dealership had already placed the steel chrome mesh grill on it prior to my purchasing it.

Purchased our Jag because it's a Jag--

Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 PM

LOL. That would certainly make heads turn!!! How about a KIA badge plated on a Bentley!!???

Old 03-26-2014, 08:34 PM

I believe it has something to do with our natural willfulness to aspire to be better than we are ... rather than pretend to be something we're not. Although pathetic, I try to have sense of humor unless they truly believe their 300 has transformed into a Bentley. Then I ask...."Where's the picnic tables and wet bar in this thing!!!!????"

Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Received 178 Likes on 153 Posts

Same as driving Jag replicas. Price!!

The following users liked this post:
Spade115 (04-30-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Do Americans drive "Jaguars because they wish to be British?" Perhaps, it's the appearance of class change via ownership regardless of vehicle age, condition or authentic mechanical condition (remember those who couldn't afford the upkeep of the engines popping chevy engines into them?).

I'd like to believe that people purchase vehicles based on their personal choice and reasons, who am I to question them. This thread makes me think how the vehicles we own clash at night against one another LOL I can hear the Jag and BMW stating which one holds a higher position, as the Fords speak of practicality. Do the SUV's and truck, bicker with the cars? Perhaps the sport bike yawns thinking how ridiculous they are as "he kills them in 0-60 times, cornering, mpg, etc lol Perhaps the other vehicles laugh in unity thinking that he's not allowed out in the rain and can't carry the family or haul groceries lol

I've seen some horrible looking modifications on Jaguars and Chryslers alike...all I can do is shake my head and thank God I have some type of common sense. Eventually I'll put up a few pictures of my Brilliant Black Beauty. She's plain but she's mine. Knowing the history of the Chrysler 300 I definitely wanted to be a part of her makeover and the historic Hemi brand. She has not disappointed me yet.

Exiting from our Mustang, to our Chrysler, to our Jag never changes how my family views themselves. We are a hard working, honest, loyal, God fearing and very well grounded--we are blessed to be able to enjoy our love for automobiles..and in that love meet great people on the forums we join. Truth be told if it wasn't for car enthusiasts we'd not take a risk of multiple car ownership but through the forums and so many members right ups and participation--it makes maintenance a bit easier to tackle when the warranties expires.

There is a GREEN 300 that burns my retinas..the same as the maroon Jaguar XK on 22's (shutters) lol

How about those Honda's with their Prius?? LOL

Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Default Bentley

Originally Posted by daddyo007
Well then I guess I'm one of those people. But to the other extreme. I have a 1994 Mustang gt and have tried to decrease all of the extra badging these car companies think they have to put on their cars. But once I buy it its mine. The first thing to come off the car are all of the dealership advertising parafanilia.

Why is it that every freaking new car has to have either holes in the fender, grandpa's Buick, or a chrome, side vent, accent front fender thingy. Give it a purpose a function somethign other than the "lemming law" everyone else has it so we must have it to. Give me a stripped pony car and let me buy what I want. Imagine a modern Jaguar XK8 with a V8, 2 seats, doors windows and the minimum amount of required safety features. Let me add all of the **** that usually causes me headaches.

No heated seats, motorized seats, power locks, power windows, motorized steering column, automatic transmission, coil packs, ( I like plugs and wires.). you get my drift.

Heck you can't buy a new anything that doesn't have power assit something. Know wonder you have the terms, dumb fat and lazy.

We build cars for dumb fat and lazy riders.

If you want to drive a car these days and its new it has to have a manuel clutch. Otherwise your just along for the ride.

Man that felt good.

No offense fellow forum members!

(Yes I do have a Jag xk8 and I rarely drive it. Wifes car, automatic transmission)
I drive the following all with sticks, 94 Mustang gt, 03 Mini Cooper s,
89 toyota Celica, 06 Mazda 6, 04 Honda Element. Why ride when you can drive.
Have to agree mostly there daddyo but have to say (riding in the xk gives me the up most pleasure of owning such a beautiful machine,and ragging it if it had a stick I feel would spoil said pleasure
Saying that my 06 BMW m3 with paddle shift gives me all the driving thrill anyone can take
As a truck driver it's nice to have to not keep pushing a clutch

Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I had 2009 300 just before the 2011 Jaguar.
Its a nice car and very underrated.
However, not even close to the Jaguar.
Getting in the 300 after driving the XJ and you feel all will fall apart.
( I liked it better then the Caddy) But where I'm from Caddy's have a bad ' rep's '.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally like the 300 C, But I think it has more to do with Price or bragging rights of "Yeah I had this put on my ride" However I do love 4 doors and suicide back doors, Like the old Lincoln Continentals, No Center pillar both doors open is just beautiful on a car.

Quick Reply: Why do people driving Chrysler 300's think they're in a Bentley?