Other Jaguar Models / Concepts / Replicas Do you have a Jaguar model not listed above? This is the place to talk about it!

2004 XK-RS Concept Car from Rocketsports Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2004 XK-RS Concept Car from Rocketsports Racing

Hello, I am new to the forums and this is my first post. I have a YouTube channel and currently I am making a video about the Jaguar XK-RS Concept from the 2004 Chicago Auto Show, which I learned about from one of those CD-ROM brochures that someone gave me when I went to test drive his car he was selling (I pulled up in my XF which is why). Anyways, the video has since become only partly about the car as I fell into a rabbit hole about Rocketsports Racing and owner Paul Gentilozzi's legal issues and so now the video is about that, too. But the question that I have, which is also a major point of the video, is figuring out what happened to the XK-RS Concept.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or knows of its whereabouts, or whatever became of it (destroyed or otherwise). I started diving deeper on Gentilozzi in the hopes that maybe I;ll see something about him having to sell off cars to cover his legal debts, but no dice. I checked Reddit, who pointed me to the British Motor Museum and the Jaguar-Daimler Heritage Trust in Graydon, but both came up nada. I'll be poking around local groups too. As the car was put together in Michigan and since it displayed in Illinois, and since I'm bordering both, I'm hoping there's a chance it could still be in this portion of the States, too. I checked the forum history here, too. Didn't find anything, though I did learn the XK Carbon Fibre Editions were apparently inspired by the either the concept or the race cars the concept was inspired by.

Google only seems to be full of links about the car's appearance in 2004. Despite there being later Jags called the XKR-S, I find it a little odd the original XK-RS seems to have dropped off the map, though maybe it's not that odd, being made in collab between Jaguar and RSR, and all the changes both companies went through during the following years.

So....anyone got any ideas, useful info? Links I may have missed?

Last edited by sklimii; 06-28-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: corrected title to reflect XK-RS
Old 06-27-2023, 07:47 PM

I don't see an edit button, but I meant XK-RS. I was writing something about the XFR racecar Rocketsports did and thats in the Heritage Trust, and I got my names confused for some reason. I'm guessing I can't change the thread title, either, which will make this a very confsuing thread for some. I may have searched for the wrong car in the Search Field, too.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:47 AM
Received 4,285 Likes on 3,704 Posts

You are only able to edit for a short period of time and it would have a small Edit button on the bottom right corner of the initial post. I went in and corrected to reflect XK-RS

Old 06-29-2023, 09:49 PM

Oh thank you! Much appreciated! I guess I missed the window to see the edit button.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:54 PM

Hm, guess I'm going to take this as a likely no, or not yet.