Other Jaguar Models / Concepts / Replicas Do you have a Jaguar model not listed above? This is the place to talk about it!

New to the forum & to jagsthen

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,445 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Default RE: New to the forum & to jagsthen

to put that engine back together, whether 6 or 12 cylinder, you'll need to hire an experienced tech, and that depends where you are located. For 1 grand as is, I would run and get it, the parts alone are worth double that. But you'll need to transport it and a place to store it, and that's more money. A Jaguar is no more complicated than a Mercedes. There is one highly regarded technician in Houston TX that could take it and rebuild it right, but it will cost you. There's another one in Orlando FL. but it will cost you . But if you have the dough, and money is not an object, go for it. That's one fast Jaguar. You can call the technicians and get ballpark cost estimates, and at least one of them might even go to AZ, pick it up for you, and transport it to his shop. But that will cost more money, a whole lotta spending money. So make sure you have it before you start. I would make sure that I have at least $7 grand in my pocket before even calling.

Having said all that, the Golden Rule of Car Buying is: Never buy any car Sight Unseen, or You'll Be Sorry. Don't break the Rule, it never fails to bite you back. Fly to AZ and see the car in person, then decide if to buy it or not. Don't buy it on anyone's word. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the forum & to jagsthen

Step away from the car....