PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Western US]: $$ My F-Type is for sale! $$

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015 | 08:53 PM
|
Default $$ My F-Type is for sale! $$

My Black Cat is for sale after nearly 2 years with her.

Low mileage (7,500), fully loaded and with the tasteful mods I did, blacked exhausts, badges, lowered on H&R springs and virtually new Michelin PSS'.
I love the F-Type and it was a great car, no issues whatsoever. I guess I just didn't love it like a wife, more like a fun girlfriend, and so its time.

Its on consignment with California motors here in Marin, CA. Feel free to ping me directly if you're interested.

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE S 5.0L V8 SUPERCHARGED | San Rafael, California | California Motors

Old 10-03-2015 | 05:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by alexg
My Black Cat is for sale after nearly 2 years with her.

Low mileage (7,500), fully loaded and with the tasteful mods I did, blacked exhausts, badges, lowered on H&R springs and virtually new Michelin PSS'.
I love the F-Type and it was a great car, no issues whatsoever. I guess I just didn't love it like a wife, more like a fun girlfriend, and so its time.

Its on consignment with California motors here in Marin, CA. Feel free to ping me directly if you're interested.

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE S 5.0L V8 SUPERCHARGED | San Rafael, California | California Motors

Sorry to see you go. What are you looking at next?

Old 10-03-2015 | 05:12 PM

I'm interested to know why you didn't love it like a wife...I have the same feeling but don't know why....I loved my XFR like my soulmate though...

Old 10-03-2015 | 08:26 PM
Veteran Member

I've yet to own a car I wanted to keep forever :-)

Can't speak for Alex, but for all the good, there are a few things that for me makes the F-Type not a "keeper":

- Interior can be much nicer (materials, build, infotainment, etc.) Overall the cabin is nice but not awesome.
- Front grill bar annoys the hell out of me.
- A little too heavy, sometimes miss the nimbleness of lighter car.

I still think in the $100K range the V8 is probably the best choice for me but I'm always keeping my eye open for something....

Old 11-01-2015 | 02:54 PM
|

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Sorry to see you go. What are you looking at next?
Preferably a manual Lamborghini. Still researching but not owned one before

Old 11-01-2015 | 03:02 PM
|

Originally Posted by shift
I've yet to own a car I wanted to keep forever :-)

Can't speak for Alex, but for all the good, there are a few things that for me makes the F-Type not a "keeper":

- Interior can be much nicer (materials, build, infotainment, etc.) Overall the cabin is nice but not awesome.
- Front grill bar annoys the hell out of me.
- A little too heavy, sometimes miss the nimbleness of lighter car.

I still think in the $100K range the V8 is probably the best choice for me but I'm always keeping my eye open for something....
Agree with this. Shift is always on point as usual. Having owned Ferrari/Aston Martin V8's in the past, the interior is quite average in comparison and when you drive it daily thats a nice to have. I love the engine, the noise and the looks of course but I am looking to get something a bit quicker and exciting now and I'm considering a V12 next since I've not owned one before. I just bought a new Porsche SUV and the interior on that thing is just gorgeous in comparison so i really believe Jag need to improve in that department. I don't think any of us would've minded paying $120-130k for the car new if the interior was swish or we could have a full carbon fibre or full alacantara interior eg. Perhaps with a huge spoiler option like the GT3 etc.. this should come as Jag grow but who knows... I also don't really rate JLR's paint. I think its inferior to Porsche/Ferrari and other sports car paints that they use. Its crap on the Land Rovers too and they still have a a lot of electrical problems. Lastly the JLR dealers I've dealt with (Bay area) are pretty rubbish. Order takers that don;t understand what customer service is and don't care. There isn't the pride in the brand that you get from say a Ferrari or Porsche dealer so dealing with them has been a chore.

I'm now selling the car privately over the next few months before I list it agin in the spring. I'm looking for a reasonable offer mid $70s.

Cheers.