PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

FS[NorthWest]: '06 XKR Supercharged Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default '06 XKR Supercharged Convertible

Considering a change, I am only the second owner and the car has less than 35k miles registered today. I had this car shipped (covered) from a dealer in Cleveland Ohio, the car was a executive company car thus the low miles. Carfax is clean with no accidents, odometer has been verified as original and documented. I listed on CL at $31 to put some feelers out. I am reasonably ngo.

This is the special XK 'Victory' edition road car. They were made in four exclusive, limited edition exterior colors -- this is the rarer Black Copper Metallic, this 'Victory' edition offers a carbon-fiber interior trim in place of wood veneer, special "Cashmere" colored soft-grain leather upholstery, distinctive badging, Bluetooth capability, and a Momo gearshift knob. I have recently had a detail done inside and out including wet sanding the paint. The top was also treated and I have replaced the A-Pillars with new fabric due to some sagging.

The car has a unique 20-inch BBS wheel design as well as cross-drilled four-piston-caliper Brembo brakes with cross-drilled, vented discs and brand new Michelin high performance tires with less than 300 miles. I have also replaced all the chrome rings with factory originals so there are no dents, scrapes or marks whatsoever. Thi was over a $1000 restoration.

I chose this specific XKR model as it is a very beautiful, fast car. there's a noticeable whine from the Eaton supercharger that sits atop the 4.2-liter DOHC, 32-valve AJ-V-8 engine, which produces 390 horsepower at 6,000rpm and 399 pound-feet of torque at 3,500rpm. It sounds like a jet on a runway, and this big cat's acceleration reinforces that impression. It's progressive, and it doesn't get into its stride until seriously antisocial speeds. Don't tell anyone but I have embarrassed more than a few sports car owners that underestimated this car. Zero-to-60 time is 5.2 seconds, with top speed electronically limited to 155mph. Most people considering a car such as this won't be too concerned about fuel economy, but with an EPA rating of 16mpg in the city and 23mpg on the highway, I get an average of about 17MPG. This is also one of the last of the the big cats to come from Jaguar's venerable Brown's Lane plant, first used in 1951 if you care about those types of things.

I have always garaged this car since owning and have replaced both rear shocks, thermostat, and replaced the motor mounts recently. I have added a Sirius/Pandora tuner (hidden) that runs through the factory deck to maintain The top is in great condition and has been recently resealed. No rips, tears or leaks. Original glass rear window with defogger.

Tying in with Jaguar's racing heritage, special badging and accents adorn this 'Victory' model in acknowledgement of the XK's racing achievements -- polished door treadplates featuring checkered flag emblems and the original leather-edged floor mats. The Jaguar "Growler" badge also features checkered flag accents on the sides of the emblem.

I take very good care of my vehicles thus the detail. This is not a daily driver simply my "fun" car. I will accept no trades, not interested in consignments and only serious buyers please.

Additional info if interested:
Making its world debut at the 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show, the 2006 model year Jaguar XK 'Victory' editions celebrate Jaguar's four championship wins in the North American Trans-Am road racing series and add to a successful lineage of special and limited edition XKs introduced since its launch. Just 1,050 of the special 'Victory' edition XKs were sold in the U.S. beginning in June 2005.

The 2006 Jaguar XKR's styling is pure Jaguar and most influenced by the E-Type, a.k.a. XK-E, of the 1960s. It's a timeless design that has aged well, and its aerodynamic cleanliness ensures stability and low wind noise at speed. The XKR has larger wheels and tires than the XK8, functional cooling louvers in the hood, a bright mesh grille at the front, and a small ducktail spoiler at the rear of the trunk lid. It does an admirable job of combining the contemporary look of high performance with timeless elegance.

Inside, the twin traits of luxury and performance continue. No manufacturer does burled-wood trim as well as Jaguar, and the standard XK models feature that material across the dashboard. But, befitting its role commemorating contemporary competition successes, the XKR Victory replaces wood with carbon fiber. It blends well with the overall design

The 2006 Jaguar XKR's age shows only in small interior details. A physical key is used for the ignition, although it is an unusual shape. The side windows operate with the one-touch-down feature but not up. CDs are played by a magazine-type changer in the trunk, which does not play MP3 CDs. (Again this has the upgrade). There is also a cassette deck. In front, excellent seats, power adjustable in every way but with idiosyncratic controls, are covered with soft leather and provide the expected comfort and long-distance support for the driver and the passenger. But don't expect to use the backseats for anything but packages, as legroom is nonexistent. The coupe does have plenty of trunk space for fast, light touring by two people.

Twin air-to-liquid intercoolers keep the Jaguar XKR's intake charge as cool and dense as possible, and maximum boost is 13psi. Torque is immense and immediate enough that pretty much any gear will do for all but the most extreme driving. The six-speed ZF automatic transmission can be shifted manually through the J-gate shifter.

The Jaguar XKR has double-wishbone suspension with antidive geometry in front and a multilink setup at the rear that uses the half-shafts as upper links, a design pioneered in the E-Type. All XKR models have Jaguar's CATS, which uses adaptive variable-rate electronically controlled shock absorbers that react in real time to road shocks and body motion. CATS plus stiffer springs gives the XKR a ride that is firmer than the regular XK's but is still far from harsh, with very little body roll. Even with massive 255/35 ZR20 front and 285/30 Michelin Zero tires on BBS alloy wheels, the variable-ratio power steering allows a light effort at parking speeds, with appropriately more effort needed at speed. CATS keeps all that rubber well planted for excellent grip.

With a curb weight of nearly 3,900 pounds, the Jaguar XKR coupe is no lightweight, and this shows on tight roads. More open secondary roads and highways are its preferred habitat, where it can cover distance quickly and smoothly, just like an executive jet. When stopping is necessary, the monster Brembo vented discs are happy to oblige. Cross-drilled, 13.98 inches in diameter in front, and 13 inches at the rear, with floating aluminum calipers and braided stainless steel lines, they are quite impressive from both appearance and performance standpoints.

For passive safety, the Jaguar XKR's rigid monocoque structure utilizes high-strength steel in highly stressed areas for maximum strength with minimal weight. Dual-stage front and seat-mounted side-impact air bags protect the front occupants; those in the rear have three-point safety harnesses.
Standard in the 2006 Jaguar XKR are power and handling to avoid trouble--aided by the CATS system--plus excellent brakes for active safety. Electronic driver aids include antilock brakes and traction control, which, with input from allied acceleration and yaw sensors, can be controlled by dynamic stability control to limit oversteer or understeer, or traction loss in slippery conditions. The automatic speed-limiter system can be programmed to prevent the car from exceeding a selected speed, regardless of throttle position. Available but not fitted to our test car is the adaptive cruise-control system, which uses microwave radar to detect slower vehicles in your lane or a vehicle coming into the lane ahead and automatically adjust speed to maintain a safe gap, overriding any set cruise-control speed.

Last edited by GGG; 02-09-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Add FS[Region] to thread title
Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Any pictures and what price are you asking?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

lots of pics here in my profile...asking 31k but flex

Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

"I listed on CL at $31 to put some feelers out. I am reasonably ngo."

Old 02-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just came into market- pls let me know if the car is still available.
Thanks!