PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

FS[SouthWest]: 1970 Series II E-Type Roadster Recent Restoration BRG with 5-Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 Series II E-Type Roadster Recent Restoration BRG with 5-Speed

1970 Jaguar XKE-Type Roadster
With Triple Side Draft Carbs

VIN # 1R13410
ENG# 8L113738-8
69,900 Miles
British Racing Green on Biscuit Interior
5-Speed Manual Transmission
Clean and Clear California Title
Recent Sympathetic Restoration

Offered at $47,990

The Jaguar E-Type convertible has consistently been ranked by automotive journalists as one of the most beautiful cars ever built. I couldn’t agree more. In fact, that seems to be the consensus with everyone who sees this car. People are just drawn to it.

The current owner of this Jag is a Porsche enthusiast friend of mine who had an E-type near the top of his automotive bucket list. He wasn’t looking for a garage queen or a concours specimen; but rather, he was looking for an example that was reliable, drove great, and looked good. This one checked all the boxes. He purchased the car a few years ago from an owner in Florida. The car had extensive receipts. Work over the past decade showed a new transmission, new interior, and countless other mechanical and cosmetic improvements. He had the car inspected before purchase and it showed it to be rust free and straight with the mechanicals in proper working order. The car was believed to be repainted sometime in the late 1990’s and the engine replaced about the same time with a similar era 4.2L engine from a 1970 XJ6. The motors are identical. The manifold was replaced to accommodate the triple side draft carb setup.

Going through the receipts, it looks like most of the restoration was done from 2005-2007. It included the following:

New wire wheels with knockoffs
New stainless steel exhaust
New suspension bushings, torsion bars, u-joints, and drive shaft
Reupholstered leather seats
New dashboard
New carpet
New door panels
New interior hardware
New steering wheel
New mohair convertible top
New gauges
Electronic ignition
New fuel tank
New transmission (JT5-Model S 2.95 1st/.73 OD) and clutch kit
New Triple DCOE replacement carburetors from Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, CA

Since my friend purchased the car, he has performed the following repairs:

Adjust carbs
Full service
Flush brake system
New clutch master cylinder
Fit shield oil bypass
Flush cooling system
Reseal oil pan
Rebuild 1 carb/replace another

The exterior of the car looks great with minimal signs of use. The brightwork looks very nice and is in good shape. The chrome wire wheels wear new tires and have no curb rash. The interior looks equally as nice. The top is new as is most of the interior. It is clear that this E-type has only seen light use over the past 8-years.

The car drives fantastic. The power is strong and everything feels very tight and works properly. This is a nicely sorted and ready to drive vintage Jaguar.

California registration is paid through March, 2014.

The car comes with many receipts dating back 10 years, several books (historical and service), and some small extra parts.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 714-335-4911 or me@paulkramer.com.

Please send me an email for more pics.

Attached Thumbnails 1970 Series II E-Type Roadster Recent Restoration BRG with 5-Speed-small1.jpg   1970 Series II E-Type Roadster Recent Restoration BRG with 5-Speed-small2.jpg   1970 Series II E-Type Roadster Recent Restoration BRG with 5-Speed-small3.jpg   1970 Series II E-Type Roadster Recent Restoration BRG with 5-Speed-small4.jpg  
Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Holy mother of God that's beautiful!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

The prettiest car made according to E. Ferrari.