PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[FS] 1975 Jaguar XJC FS Pennsylvania or Europe 13,300 USD

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017 | 01:00 PM
|
Default 1975 Jaguar XJC FS Pennsylvania or Europe 13,300 USD

Hello All,

After finding one of my dream cars, I now find myself in a dilemma and may need to sell it.

I am based in the U.K, but bought the car from a seller in the U.S.

As shown in the photos it is a silver Jaguar XJ6C with red leather. It has 57,000 miles on it. The car is currently in Pensylvania in an indoor garage.

I bought this without seeing it in person, but the photos looked great and the seller genuine. If I am to sell this, then I would also be in the same position and would not be able to provide any more photos.

The car belonged to the seller's grandfather and was being sold as part of a dissolved estate. The story seems true with the additional evidence.

As can be seen from the photos, it is not perfect, but it looks honest, solid and completely unrestored, one of the positive signs of a solid structure on these cars I was told are the door gaps, which are very tight on this coupe. My plans were to clean up what appears to be minor corrosion to the one area shown in the photo and keep it unrestored like it is. The seller also mentioned potential issues with the gearbox and carburettor. Both these aren't big problems to me as both parts are relatively easy to find cheaply.

If there is a buyer in the U.S then, the car will have to be paid for prior to being picked up from Pensylvania. I have already cleared with the parties selling it that I may sell it.

Alternatively, the car can be shipped to Europe (what I had planned to do), but obviously, the buyer will have to pay the purchase fee and any additional shipping fees. I received one quote for £2100 to a port in Liverpool. Happy to provide some advice on this or go ahead and have it shipped yourself.

If anyone has any questions, then please get in touch with me here. I'm also happy to chat on Skype, WhatsApp or similar.

Thanks,