PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

1982 XJS Jaguar lump for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1982 XJS Jaguar lump for sale

SOLD SOLD SOLD

For sale is my 1982 Jaguar XJS lump. It has around 150k miles on it, and has been my primary driver for about a year. I'm going to be getting married this year, and buying a house, so I need to liquidate some of my toys and turn them into, shall I say, more practical endeavors. I need a truck. Here is a list of her basic stats and replacement/upgrades that have been done to her.

She has a Chevy 350 mated to a TH-400
Brand new tires
K/N air filter
New Edelbrock carburetor 500 CFM
New spark plugs
New radius arm bushings, both sides
New shocks, all four corners
New rear wheel bearings
New outer fulcrum bearings, rear
New rear subframe mounts

I'm a bit of a backyard mechanic, so I do my own work. My goal with this car was to create a reliable, fun, good looking daily driver that won't let me down. She's exactly that. She's quick, handles decently (even in rain), and is comfortable. The A/C does not work, but the heater does. She has some quirks, but it's an '82 XJS; there's nothing you wouldn't expect. There's no rot in the usual places (a little hole rusted through in the passenger front floor panel, but I removed the mats, ground out the surface rust, POR-15'd the front front/rear floor panels, and patched the hole.) The lights all work, she fires up on the first turn of the key, and goes and stops great.
She does have a reconstructed title; she was hit in the right rear quarter and apparently there was enough surface damage to warrant a total. A guy with a body shop picked her up cheap and fixed her back to new; I couldn't tell where he did the work. She has a brand new paint job, and the exterior panels are all straight without any blemishes.

My flickr account with more pics:
Sophia - a set on Flickr

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I work the night shift, so email is definitely the best way to contact me.
thebugreport@yahoo.com

Last edited by matjohns; 01-15-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Default Pictures

Old 01-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Sold sold sold