PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas, 97K miles, Black/Tan, VERY Nice Shape, 30+Pics, Must See!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas, 97K miles, Black/Tan, VERY Nice Shape, 30+Pics, Must See!

Hello and thank you for showing interest in my classic 1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas with only 96,700 original miles.

This was the last year for the classic Series III XJ with all the options and manufacturer upgrades earlier 1980’s models didn’t have.

It an ALL ORIGINAL, 3-Owner, No Accident Jaguar with a clean AutoCheck.

1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
Black/Tan
4.2L I6 engine
Automatic
96,700 original miles

*Options: Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Power Sunroof, Power Antenna, AM/FM/Cassette, Power Steering, Automatic Climate Control A/C & Heat w/Rear Controls, Digital Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Central Locking System, Wood Trim, Rear Headrests, Alloy Wheels, & Dual Exhaust.

*This Vanden Plas edition XJ was also appointed with extra amenities including: Metallic Paint, Burl Walnut wood trim dash, console and door panel trim, Swiveling Rear Reading Lamps, Lower Door Lighting, Rear Fold-Down Center Armrest w/storage separating the two individual rear seats, and hand-sewn full Connolly leather interior. Exterior Vanden Plas badges also set aside the exterior differences.

*All original owner manuals and data booklets are still with the car!

*Recent Maintenance totaling $2,000 in work this past week includes:

-NEW Rear Brakes (Pads & Rotors & Calipers)
-NEW Rear Axle Seals
-NEW Battery
-New Center Console/Shifter Wood Trim
(Professionally redone by British Auto Wood)
-NEW Fender Emblems (both sides-included, not put on yet)
-Professionally Detailed (Clay Bar Paint Prep, 3-Step Buff/Wax, & Full Interior Shampoo/Leather Treatment)
-Recent Tune Up (Plugs & Wires)-within the last year

-The classic 4.2L straight-six motor runs VERY STRONG and the transmission shifts as smooth as butter! It shifts smoother than my ’96 XJR. This XJ6 is solid at any speed with no hesitations whatsoever. Rear brakes are brand new, fronts are excellent, and this XJ drives beautifully. (4) matching Goodyear All-Season Tires have at least 65%+ tread left. Original Pirelli tire/alloy spare has never left the trunk. Leather is in very good condition and the wood trim is also still in nice shape.

-ALL power equipment is working including windows, sunroof, and antenna. Even the horn still works properly, which was a common glitch on these cars. Driver window is a little slower than the rest. Window motors were designed by GM and are inexpensive to fix.

Body is completely original. Chrome and rubber bumpers are still in very nice shape. The paint does however have the typical surface rust in common areas on this XJ6 (near side emblems, behind lower rear sides of chrome bumper, and some imperfections on the body). PLEASE SEE CLOSE UP PICTURES OF THESE AREAS NOTED.

-Minor work still needed but not mandatory right now is either Front Struts or Strut Mounts. More so on the passenger side, rattles when driven over bumps. Again this Jag runs extremely strong, fires right up, and drives beautifully right now.

This classic Jag is pushing 30 years old and is not a museum piece, but I’d rank the interior a 9/10 and the body a 7/10. But for Jaguar enthusiasts this is a solid, well taken care of XJ6 Vanden Plas. With a little more love to the body imperfections this Jag could be back in its prime. It’s a timeless design that can still be driven every day and an enjoyable classic to appreciate.

*Clean NYS Title
*Just NYS Inspected good until January 2014

*Asking, $4,900.00 Thank you.

*Serious inquires please Call/Text/PM: 716.597.73O8

**PHOTOBUCKET LINK BELOW FOR 30+ DETAILED PICTURES!**

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas Photos by xjjagxjjeep | Photobucket

Attached Thumbnails 1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas, 97K miles, Black/Tan, VERY Nice Shape, 30+Pics, Must See!-p20_zps15a25361.jpg   1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas, 97K miles, Black/Tan, VERY Nice Shape, 30+Pics, Must See!-p37_zps5521abaa.jpg  

Last edited by FullThrottle--->XJR6; 02-22-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: asking price
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,181 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Since it is a NY inspection and you are in AZ, how long have you owned this car?

Was it flood damaged?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by plums
Since it is a NY inspection and you are in AZ, how long have you owned this car?

Was it flood damaged?
NO. This Jag is currently and has been in BUFFALO, NY since 2001. It spent some years in the Albany, NY area before that, and originally Long Island.

The original owner had it in Long Island a very long time ago. Sorry for the confusion; definitely not a vehicle that was in the NYC area recently in reference to your flood car/recent storm concern!

My father and I have a seasonal haunted attraction business here in Buffalo where most of my family still lives. I will be heading back to Phoenix, AZ in the beginning of March where I reside most of the year with my other Jaguar.

Hope this answered your question. Thank you!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM

NO. This Jag is currently and has been in BUFFALO, NY since 2001. It spent some years in the Albany, NY area before that, and originally Long Island.

The original owner had it in Long Island a very long time ago. Sorry for the confusion; definitely not a vehicle that was in the NYC area recently in reference to your flood car/recent storm concern!

My father and I have a seasonal haunted attraction business here in Buffalo where most of my family still lives. I will be heading back to Phoenix, AZ in the beginning of March where I reside most of the year with my other Jaguar.

This Jaguar has a NYS Inspection good until January 2014.

Hope this answered your question. Thank you!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Open to respectful offers ladies and gents!

ASKING, $4,900.00

Thank you.

Last edited by FullThrottle--->XJR6; 02-22-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: asking price
Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 AM

This classic Jaguar is scheduled to be listed live on EBAY tonight at 8PM for a duration of 7 days, auction style bidding with a more than fair "Buy it Now" price of $4,900.00 considering the $2,000.00 in recent maintenance just done!

Look for it this evening on EBAY if your interested in bidding. Thanks again!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Anyone interested in this classic XJ6 it is STILL AVAILABLE.

Dead beat eBay bidder hasn't followed through with sale or responded to any attempted contacts.

Looking for $4,500.00

Serious buyers please PM or call. 716.597.7308

Thank you