PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthernMidWest]: 1989 Jaguar XJ6 giveaway (yeah, free)!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1989 Jaguar XJ6 giveaway (yeah, free)!

At the time I bought the car I had time to work (and play) with it. Alas, that is no longer the case and hasn't been the case for a while, so this beautiful car is just sitting there, with no prospect of being looked after as it should be. So, is there a Jag enthusiast out there who wants it? Let me know! I will give it to you for free, all you have to do is come pick it up here in central Arkansas.

Here is some information:

1989 Jaguar XJ6. Original 3.6l engine with approx. 172K miles on it. Car currently doesn't run and I'm not sure why but expect someone with know-how could get it running pretty quick. It idled roughly when it did run and often died out while running as well. It's been parked in my shop, nice and dry, for about 1 1/2 years now. The color is a light blue, the interior is beige leather. Paint is in pretty good condition as is the seats, though front seats are worn. Interior is good though there has at some point been leaks of some kind on the driver side floor (maybe brake fluid?). Also, some trim is missing. Rear door handles not working great. The lock for the hatch is also shady. A few new parts does come with it such as brake discs.

I believe the car was purchased new from a dealership in Memphis, TN. Not sure how many owners it's had, but I'm at least #3 though there is a chance the second owner inherited the car from his granddad.

Oh, and I started a thread on the car like in 2014 and it's here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-rich-119715/

I'll try and post some pictures whenever I get myself back home.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 806 Posts

I wish I was closer! I would snap that up!

Old 03-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

maybe too late but if you still have it give me a call jon@901-335-5137 in memphis got an 88 i'm working on