PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

1995 XJ6 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 XJ6 For Sale

Hi Everybody,

I'm selling my '95 XJ6. I thought I'd list it here first for Jag enthusiasts before I try to sell it to the outside world. I bought the car around 2001 or 2002. It was originally a Florida car. I brought it up here to Michigan but never drove it in winters. The car has about 133,275 miles on it. When I bought it the car had something like 69,000 miles on it if I remember correctly.

The car has fairly new tires and very good brakes. It has a sunroof. The aftermarket CD player has a CD stuck inside of it, but the AM/FM/CD does work. Air conditioning works great and the car has had a recent oil change. The sunroof works great. The car is a silver / pewter finish with the greyish(?) light "AGD" interior. There is some cracking of the leather on the front seats, mostly on the driver's side. The car is a non-smoker's car.

As far as I know, the car never has been in an accident. It appears to me that the car had been re-painted its original color at some point before I got it but a professional job was done on it and it looks very nice. There are no significant dents on the car. The only noteworthy body blemish is some rust around an area of the right rear wheel well which I think could be fairly easily repaired. The car is not rusty at all so why there is rust as this particular spot has always puzzled me.

The only thing the car really needs is to have the rear shocks changed out (there is a slight rattle from the rear wheels when you go over a bump). As far as I know the rear shocks are original and the bushings are probably bad. I have a set of new rear Bilstein shocks that go with the car. The exhaust headpipe has to be re-positioned as there is a very slight leak at the joint between the headpipe and the exhaust manifold. The check-engine light has been on for the last ten years but the car always ran great. Last summer I changed two of the four oxygen sensors. I have to look but I might also have two new oxygen sensors. If I find them they are included with the sale.

The car has been very reliable with no major problems at all. I did all the service work on the car myself. It's been used but not abused. The car has been professionally owned.

I was thinking of around $3,000 or so for the car. I'm open to fair offers.

The reason I'm selling it is that it's just time to move on, since I've owned it now for close to 10 years. I'm just downsizing in general. I love the car though. It's a cool open road car and in my opinion you just can't beat the body style of those 95-97 Jags.

The car is located in Davisburg, Michigan, USA which is between Detroit and Flint. Anyone interested in the car can e-mail me at CarlL46674@aol.com or call me anytime at 248-835-0833 or 248-561-6898. I can e-mail photos.

Thanks,

Carl

Attached Thumbnails 1995 XJ6 For Sale-100_0914.jpg