PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[UnitedKingdom]: 1997 Daimler Six Manual for sale - Needs work but Very Rare!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Daimler Six Manual for sale - Needs work but Very Rare!

For Sale - Daimler Six Manual. If you thought manual XJRs were rare, manual Daimler Six's are even more so. As far as I know there were only 5 ever made, and only 2, possibly 3, are left. Unfortunately I need more room and have to reduce my fleet, hence the sale.

1997 Daimler Six Manual
Ice Blue with Oatmeal Leather Interior
130,000 miles
MOT expired Nov 2015
Daimler Six model, so you have the higher quality interior and greater comfort of the softer suspension with the performance of the 4 litre manual.
Body requires some work, as is quite common front wings need replacing and rear arches need doing. (Offside is the worst, nearside is not too bad yet). Small bubble under right hand rear light, and a couple of very small bubbles on roof. The rest of the paintwork seems quite reasonable. Underneath, the front jacking point areas look like they may want some attention, one side has had a repair along the floorpan edge, other side looks unwelded. Front bumper chrome is slightly bent.
Interior is in good condition, leather is good, carpets etc fine. Seats are still fine and not saggy at all. Steering wheel moves up and down but not in and out. Interior mirror auto tint has gone. Headlining is sagging a bit behind the sunroof.
Engine, gearbox are all good, clutch is fine.
Wheels are the original Daimler style and have good tyres.
Been in the family since Feb 2007, and 2 keepers before that. Comes with handbooks and service stamps to 100,000 miles. Has been serviced regularly since then but no stamps.
2 Keys and 2 Remotes.

Extras;

It has been subject to a few modifications that can easily be reversed, these being:

LPG converted, STAG injection system with toroidal tank in spare wheel well. This is quite a large tank so boot false floor sits higher than normal. No holes in bodywork as filler is mounted on a towbar.
Towbar – mainly fitted to mount the lpg filler on, but useful none the less.
Cat Back, stainless steel, sports exhaust from Double S Exhausts. Not too loud, but has a nice rasp when pressing on. (Was apparently the first one they did for this model so was the prototype!)
Replacement stereo with USB support and bluetooth, but original still available.

I am happy to remove any/all of the above if someone wants the car in an original condition, but only after a price has been agreed and a deposit paid.

Open to offers – but please no offers of a few hundred pounds. I am not desperate and I am well aware what the gearboxes alone sell for. I could break the car for quite a tidy sum, which would be a real shame however, given the rarity of it.

May consider swap for XJR – which is more suited to my tastes.

Car is located near Brecon in Mid Wales. Feel free to ask for any photos or more info.