PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidWest]: 1997 Green X300 XJ6 Vanden Plas 105k

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Green X300 XJ6 Vanden Plas 105k

I have a 1997 Green X300 XJ6 Vanden Plas for sale. Car has been garaged. New Interstate battery recently put in. Also, the rear view mirror has been replaced so the auto-dim works and no danger of a toxic drip. Cup-holders are also replaces with the 1998 style and won't break at the plastic hinges. New headliner, leather in good shape, rear trays in good shape, comes with headlight washers (sprays every 6th times the wiper is activated). CD Changers in the trunk works.

Here are the ugly that I have not attended to: CEL on, with the dreaded P400 code. It's likely the EGR valve, an emission feature that is only found on NA model. You can clean the carbon out for a fix. Also, the Trac light is on. The Filipino made module likely has issues with the old solders, as we all well know this is common. The cassette player needs a cassette in to trigger it to work, again, common issues with the solders not making good contact. You can opt to replace the head unit. We just decided to keep it stock, and yes we still have cassettes lying around. The rear little part of the sunroof will not come back forward after the sunroof is opened. The person who put in the headliner likely broke the plastic tabs, again, not unheard of if you read enough of the X300 posts. The telescoping mechanism has not worked since we bought the car, tilt works fine.

The car drives fine. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. We are moving houses and need the cash, plus an extra parking spot, so the toys have to go now. We'll be sad to see this go. $7,200 OBO. Drop me a message first if interested. I'll PM my contact info. Car is located in Cincinnati, OH.