PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1998 Jaguar XJR- located in Orlando, FL

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998 Jaguar XJR- located in Orlando, FL

Hello All!! I wanted to list this here as well, seeing as how you know what you're actually getting into with these beasts... I've provided a link to the craigslist ad, which is a wee bit fluffier but also has pictures.

-----> 1998 JAGUAR XJR (Supercharged 370 HP V8) <---------- $5,000 obo

I bought this car from my Jaguar mechanic- The Jaguar Doctor... It was previously his car. I am the third owner. We have kept this beast serviced, did all the upgrades, she is a beautiful cat. She has 157,5xx miles, and I’m selling because I acquired one too many projects, and 3 cars for 2 ppl, this is the odd girl out.

I put in new rear suspension to the tune of $1300.00, also the coolant reservoir was replaced. Pirelli Assimmetri tires (newish- less than 4000 miles on the tires, still have the nubbies on them), midnight metallic blue color (just repainted about 4 months ago by Midnight Customs in Apopka bc the original paint job was fading.)

3M Ceramic Tint by Pro Tint in Orlando (Lifetime Guarantee on the tint)
Ice Cold A/C and Hot Heater
Heated Sideview Mirrors
Cruise Control
Leather Seats
Power Locks
Power Windows
Premium Audio- 6 cd changer by Hardin Kardon
Premium Alloy Original Wheels
Security System
Steering Wheel Controls on the Wood and Leather steering wheel
Power Sunroof
5 Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with SPORT MODE

AS IS, CASH ONLY- in person deals to try and avoid the scams.... pls text/call 352.219.7zero68 or email me at CaneCounsel007@me.com; if you want you can respond here as well, I'm not sure if I am alerted to DM on the forum by way of email or not though.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:24 PM

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Am I crazy? (yes, but as to price asking)... Please holler! I enclosed the pictures of the sexy o' kitty:

Old 03-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Your car looks great, but as an early (pre-2003) V8 car, questions will come up about Nikasil, timing chain tensioners, and the transmission. Do you have service records for servicing that addresses any of those three potential trouble spots?

Old 03-03-2016, 03:44 PM

@labcoatguy: the nikasil issue is a dead issue as it would have exhibited those symptoms a long time ago (wouldn't have lasted to 156000 miles). Timing chain tensioners - still working. Transmission- no issues. I've had extensive discussions re: the nikasil and the plastic tensioners with the Jaguar mechanic. While the nikasil is a big issue for the cars that got it and their owners- the reality is that not every car exhibited said issues re nikasil. And with the tensioners, I'm not pumping the money into it b/c the mechanic doesn't think it's necessary, and b/c I'm not pumping money into a car I need to sell- I got more cars than people to drive them. (I agree with you though that the tensioner service would be necessary). Basically I'm willing to come off price a bit for the purpose of that tensioner service.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for this; I asked about Nikasil even though it's been a while because I know some XJRs had a complete engine replacement under warranty in the early to mid-2000s, so if you'd had that taken care of, that'd be good to know. Best of luck with your sale.