PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 12:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale

This car has been an absolute GEM to me and my family. Truly a fabulous car.
Below I have the craigslist description. Was listed at $5900 but Im open to all and any Jaguar Forum member offer!
The car WILL need brakes soon. And probably an alignment is in order soon because I have a bumpy dirt driveway.
Mileage is 107,000

For sale I have a 1998 Jaguar XK8 Convertible.
This car is an amazing cruiser and has treated me very well. I have owned it for almost a year now and it was acquired locally. I have numerous service records and receipts from jaguar dealership and euro professionals spanning many years. This car has been maintained exquisitely. All options work as it should, drop top operates flawlessly and also includes the leather top cover. all electronics are operational including the radio and cold A/C. All tires are matching and have plenty of tread. Full size spare tire is also included. Among the minor flaws (as expected from an 18 year old car) is very small scratches and minor door dings. There are no major dents or scratches on the car. Driver seat does have wear but there is no holes or rips. There are no engine or maintenance lights on however the coolant light comes on because there is some air in the coolant lines from when I replaced the water inlet housing (genuine new jaguar replacement). I haven't been able to bleed the air from the lines however it does not effect the performance of the car in any way and has been driven many miles without issue. Upgrades to the car include larger exhaust tips (originals included), updated rear chrome trim (with original) and premium jaguar factory wheels.
This car has been rear ended in the past, however it was repaired by jaguar professionals and was not seriously damaged. Repairs where cosmetic to the body panels and is impossible to tell any work was ever done.
This car is a part of my car collection and was driven regularly, not sitting around. It has treated me EXCEPTIONALLY well and has never left me stranded. Services have been completed including a recent oil change that I do myself using Castrol high mileage synthetic.
This car turns heads everywhere you go and is reasonable on gas considering its size and displacement.
This is the most popular color this car comes in. British racing green.

I am selling this car not because I have to, but because I need capital for a new business.
I am not eager to sell this vehicle. That being said, I am confident this car is superior to any other example in the area. Keep in mind, included with this car comes two sets of key fobs, stacks of service records and receipts, touch up paint from Jaguar, leather conditioner, original trim pieces and all books and manuals including an original jaguar VHS tape.
Everything is included with this vehicle and offers far more security and quality than other cars of its kind with no history, records and complete accessories.
So please do not contact me with low ball offers and attempts to school me on what YOU think the car should sell for. The vehicle speaks for itself and any jaguar enthusiast will appreciate its condition. Keep in mind this is NOT a show car, rather an excellent inexpensive jaguar for a first time owner or a long time jaguar enthusiast.
Please no low offers. I will not sell this car at a ridiculous discount. It has been too good to me.
No tire kickers either, please show proof of funds before scheduling a test drive as my schedule is very erratic.

The car will be delivered to its new owner with a tank of PREMIUM gas and full detail.

Attached Thumbnails 1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale-00505_aqmdp4bkfeq_600x450.jpg   1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale-01313_6ft4vtwuflx_600x450.jpg   1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale-00u0u_evtttsibpze_600x450.jpg   1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale-00t0t_dzzereislsf_600x450.jpg   1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale-00t0t_26blp0h5i8i_600x450.jpg  

1998 Jgauar XK8 Drophead for sale-00b0b_afexhixbptc_600x450.jpg  
Old 10-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Have the timing tensioners and chains been upgraded yet?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by danogolf1
Have the timing tensioners and chains been upgraded yet?
I dont have the paperwork in front of me ATM but I do recall having a document pertaining to the timing chain/system. I cant say for sure if it's been done.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 PM

No evidence of tensioner adjustment. Car runs great.
$4000 Takes it.